Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRice

May 14, 2008
www.bennywong.shacknet.nu
4be876d2.jpg

e655d22c.jpg

Using ND8 filter

New to DSLR area, newbies here, hope to give some very good advice to help me on my newly learn skill....:p

Bokeh of the lens are :thumbsup:.

For the cat shots, try to focus on the eyes, #2 is OOF. Try to go lower as well, it'll be nicer if you are at the level of your subject.

Just to share my 2 cents worth.

Bokeh of the lens are :thumbsup:.

For the cat shots, try to focus on the eyes, #2 is OOF. Try to go lower as well, it'll be nicer if you are at the level of your subject.

Just to share my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for the advice, ya the 2nd pix of the cat is OOF, think my hands really shaky...hahaha

look pretty washout to me? wat lens is tis?

some of the pictures i using the ND8 filter, the CPL filter and just UV filter only, maybe i didnt do the setting properly after changing the filters at each interver, using Sony DT 55-200mm lens for the shot @ 200mm

Why need to use ND8 filter?

take the pussycats by the eye and nose levels. Take them from bottom up if u want to portray catzilla.

tring out wat does ND8 can do, as u can see nothing is changed, except for the washout colors...hahaha

I'm trying to make the noon time as it is like evening time, but seems tat i had fail...

you got totally no idea how your camera work do you...

ND8 is for use if you do not wanna change your aperture yet your shutter speed is going over the limit. So you wanna slow it down.

For eg... taking waterfall in bright day light, you wanna slow down your shutter speed to take nice silky smooth water falling down. but your aperture already max out. thats when you use your ND8.

ND8 not suppose to make it washout, its your setting that makes it wash out. Most likely you have the wrong metering or your metering set to something like +1 or +.5, thats y it look over expose.

you got totally no idea how your camera work do you...

ND8 is for use if you do not wanna change your aperture yet your shutter speed is going over the limit. So you wanna slow it down.

For eg... taking waterfall in bright day light, you wanna slow down your shutter speed to take nice silky smooth water falling down. but your aperture already max out. thats when you use your ND8.

ND8 not suppose to make it washout, its your setting that makes it wash out. Most likely you have the wrong metering or your metering set to something like +1 or +.5, thats y it look over expose.

hey, thks for the tips....

will it again, this time going to the bird park to take the man make waterfall....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.