Newbies Questions (C-4040Z)


Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinpang

New Member
Jul 21, 2003
82
0
0
Visit site
#1
Hi,

I just bought a C-4040Z from this forum. I am new to digital cameras and would appreciate if some professionals can give me some tips on the following:

1. What batteries should I used for the camera? I saw various types of rechargeable from Olympus, Sony, Panasonic etc etc. I thought the Sony 2100mAh was good. Any comments?

2. I want to submit digital photos online for sharing with friends from europe. Which online service should I use? Any free good ones around?

3. What are the bare minimum accessories I should get for the C-4040Z? The sales man almost recommended all from the shelf.

4. Is there a get-together sharing session whereby I can get some practical help to use the camera?

Thanks!
 

ivor

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2002
1,369
0
0
SINGAPOUR
Visit site
#2
I have been using the GP rechargeable batt and Sanyo rechargeable batt. They are equally good, except that higher mAh would mean last longer. But I personally, DO NO recommend Sony rechargeable batt, simple reason, they are hyper expensive compared to the rest.

Originally posted by alvinpang

1. What batteries should I used for the camera? I saw various types of rechargeable from Olympus, Sony, Panasonic etc etc. I
thought the Sony 2100mAh was good. Any comments?

Try any of the followings,

http://www.pbase.com/

http://www.imagestation.com/

http://photos.yahoo.com/


Originally posted by alvinpang

2. I want to submit digital photos online for sharing with friends from europe. Which online service should I use? Any free good ones around?

In fact, the Olympus C-4040Z is more than enough for you to begin shooting. Don't think that you need any other accessories for time being.

Accessories would be only necessary depending on your photography requirements. Sakesman are usually there to push their sale, and some know nothing about the camera that they are selling to you, they just know that there are what accessories for what camera, and begin to push...

Originally posted by alvinpang

3. What are the bare minimum accessories I should get for the C-4040Z? The sales man almost recommended all from the shelf.

If you buy brand new Olympus DC, you might get 1 day of FREE training, but since it is used DC, suggest you drop in to the next SEED, and check with some of the experts there.

Originally posted by alvinpang

4. Is there a get-together sharing session whereby I can get some practical help to use the camera?
 

Snowcrash

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,537
0
0
Western SG
Visit site
#4
Do consider getting a lens adapter + a UV filter (43mm) to fit on your c4040.

Help to prevent the "cap still on, turn it on" mistake.
 

alvinpang

New Member
Jul 21, 2003
82
0
0
Visit site
#5
Thanks for the invaluable advice.

Just went to EastGear.com and saw the sanyo batteries.
Which charger should I get for the Sanyo's?

Also, what brand and model should I buy for the lens adapter and filter?

Thanks!
 

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
6,598
0
0
38
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
#6
for the AA batteries, get the maha 401. i got one from eastgear, and i find it absolutely a must-have especially for diving trips (when i can afford it LOL).

for accessories, you need to get the olympus CLA-1, or a kenko equivalent. it is necessary to prevent "chopping" off the lens that extend out of the body when you switch it on.

the c4040 is very versatile - you can use it to shoot almost anything, everything, everywhere - in fact, that's one of the major pluses that olympus makes underwater casings for this camera for a relative "cheap" $300+...
 

Quacks

New Member
May 26, 2003
42
0
0
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by Snowcrash
Do consider getting a lens adapter + a UV filter (43mm) to fit on your c4040.

Help to prevent the "cap still on, turn it on" mistake.
gulps!! does any thing very detrimental happen when u do the "cap still on, turn it on" mistake?

wil spoil camera?
 

Quacks

New Member
May 26, 2003
42
0
0
Visit site
#9
Originally posted by sehsuan
no problem one. just scares the heck out of you by beep-beep-beep-beep and the motor making some noises. :)
ah yes it sure does... almost died when i did the no-no but keep on repeating the same mistake don't know why...
 

ivor

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2002
1,369
0
0
SINGAPOUR
Visit site
#12
Try to look for the Raynox Adapter Ring RT5241 F52-M41mm, uses any 52mm filter (cheaper)


Originally posted by alvinpang
what brand and model should I buy for the lens adapter and filter?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom