Newbie's photos - Needs comments


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2004
66
0
0
68
Northern Singapore
#1
Newbie's photo taken with a Canon A95 on a recent trip to Langkawi. Comments from gurus here welcome ..


Sunrise - taken near to chalet


Langkawi's cablecar mid-station. This is my favourite.


View from the top.

Photos taken using AUTO and without any filter.
 

aspire

New Member
Oct 29, 2004
539
0
0
North
#2
the 2 pictures below u used postcard mode?? (with date)

btw i like the cable car, very magestic.
 

T.A.

New Member
Oct 30, 2004
302
0
0
#3
I like the 2nd photo too. The 3rd one may look better if it had more even distribution of the sky, sea and land.

Did you put extra glass in front of the lens? (3rd pic) ;)
 

Nov 1, 2004
66
0
0
68
Northern Singapore
#4
T.A. said:
I like the 2nd photo too. The 3rd one may look better if it had more even distribution of the sky, sea and land.

Did you put extra glass in front of the lens? (3rd pic) ;)
Nothing. Not even the ring adaptor with a uv filter attached. Left it at the hotel :(
 

OzOn3

New Member
Jul 12, 2003
1,050
0
0
32
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
#7
eh, first picture.. the hut at the left a bit distracting ar.. i would prefer it if the hut wasn't there... like frame it without the hut.. oh ya, why does your picture look so edgy? no anti-aliasing? haha!

2nd picture, interesting!! But you've gotta find a way to "remove yourself" from teh picture. Look at the reflection! samething for teh thrid one.. I liek the third picture! minus the reflection of course. Would be better if you'd have used a smaller shutter..
 

evq

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
546
0
0
44
The 13th floor
#8
Tips on the reflection;
- Try to place ur lens as close to the glass panel as possible, at an angle. This will also prevent the auto-focus to lock onto the panel instead of the scene.
- Do not use flash.
 

aspire

New Member
Oct 29, 2004
539
0
0
North
#9
haha, ya. i only figure out wat is the picture about after afew seconds of thought. haha. anyway nice pics. and Canon should allow the date stamp as an option for all mode; shouldn't restrict only to postcard mode. thats abit wierd. anyway cheers to A95 users!

greenarrow2k4 said:
Yes. I used postcard mode. The cable car station looks like a giant insect head :eek:
 

Nov 1, 2004
66
0
0
68
Northern Singapore
#10
OzOn3 said:
eh, first picture.. the hut at the left a bit distracting ar.. i would prefer it if the hut wasn't there... like frame it without the hut.. oh ya, why does your picture look so edgy? no anti-aliasing? haha!

2nd picture, interesting!! But you've gotta find a way to "remove yourself" from teh picture. Look at the reflection! samething for teh thrid one.. I liek the third picture! minus the reflection of course. Would be better if you'd have used a smaller shutter..
Anti-aliasing in dc :confused: ?? I included the hut (chalet) so as to offset the vast area. I've forgotten to bring along my wide-angle & tele :cry:

:eek: Forget about reflection when taking thru a glass window. I've my len very near to the glass and still got reflection. Is there a way to minus this? I've my camera on AUTO as I'm a newbie in thiis :bsmilie:
 

Nov 1, 2004
66
0
0
68
Northern Singapore
#11
evq said:
Tips on the reflection;
- Try to place ur lens as close to the glass panel as possible, at an angle. This will also prevent the auto-focus to lock onto the panel instead of the scene.
- Do not use flash.
Thanks. Will keep this in mind when shooting thru a glass panel.
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#13
I think the 2nd and 3rd pic is as what others said. mind the reflection, but for the first picture, the hut is perfectly fine with me, but I would like it better if it is taken half stop lesser to remove the minor details from the hut and some sharpening is done.

Something like this :



Of course it will look better if the crop is a bit tighter
 

evq

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
546
0
0
44
The 13th floor
#15
blurblock said:
I think the 2nd and 3rd pic is as what others said. mind the reflection, but for the first picture, the hut is perfectly fine with me, but I would like it better if it is taken half stop lesser to remove the minor details from the hut and some sharpening is done.

Something like this :



Of course it will look better if the crop is a bit tighter
Agree. :thumbsup:
 

Nov 1, 2004
66
0
0
68
Northern Singapore
#16
evq said:
Agree. :thumbsup:
What software u use for this effect? I've PhotoShop Elements 3.0 and PhotoShop CS 8.0 purchased when I was at Lanhkawi. Have yet to try them out. According to the saleperson, these 2 s/w can work together very well. I'm totally :dunno: in using this type of softwares.
 

evq

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
546
0
0
44
The 13th floor
#17
greenarrow2k4 said:
What software u use for this effect? I've PhotoShop Elements 3.0 and PhotoShop CS 8.0 purchased when I was at Lanhkawi. Have yet to try them out. According to the saleperson, these 2 s/w can work together very well. I'm totally :dunno: in using this type of softwares.
I used Element 2.0 at 1st, now uses CS. But i'm not good at Photoshop, still learning.
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,827
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
#18
greenarrow2k4 said:
What software u use for this effect? I've PhotoShop Elements 3.0 and PhotoShop CS 8.0 purchased when I was at Lanhkawi. Have yet to try them out. According to the saleperson, these 2 s/w can work together very well. I'm totally :dunno: in using this type of softwares.
You mean what software I used? ..... oh ...... GIMP ..... can be done with Photoshop Elements 3.0 and CS as well, no problem with those.

Actually, the picture I posted are a bit too sharp ...... well... can't expect much from 1 minute job :D.......
 

Pablo

Senior Member
Sep 1, 2004
1,854
0
0
Blue/Green Planet
#20
Hello greenarrow2k4,

I like the choice of shots, there are good feedback/suggestions given above.
But if I may give my bit.
I love to look at photo's from pro, hobby,newbie.
One thing that throws me though in any photo is text !
Try as I might, I can't look at a photo as I should when there is some text or date or stamp etc.
It just distracts me.
This is not a criticism, just my view. Keep taking great photo's and sharing them with us :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom