Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe wow Bro dingaroo really has his hands full! :)
let him decide whether still can accomodate more newbies or not.

Wow.. such a overwhelming response.. too bad i cant help in this one :cry:

Well... it seems there are large number of capable shooters who are not willing to teach but want to join as "independent shooters".

I don't see why they cannot go to the location and shoot at the same place on their own, and be as independent as they want to be.

I mean, that is how I learnt too, going out and shoot on my own or with 1 or 2 good friends. I remember the countless mornings waking up at 5am and shooting in the dark morning hours.

Hmm.. agreed bro.. they shd step out and contribute to the community? :think:

I always thought people joined outings to either share or learn. I overlooked the largest group which is probably those who join for social reasons.

I always thought people joined outings to either share or learn. I overlooked the largest group which is probably those who join for social reasons.

Nothing new bro, we have people join religious organizations just to socialize since the beginning of time.

excuse me bro..
we want to join the group so that we can learn the art of photography and like where the seniors started from,right?...peace..;)

No no. No ill intention in my statement.
It's just my observation from previous outings, that actually a lot of the self-declared "newbies" aren't really that blur about photography. Which leads me to conclude that they're coming along mainly to meet other photogs.

My only frustration with that situation is that genuine newbies sometimes don't get a spot.

excuse me bro..
we want to join the group so that we can learn the art of photography and like where the seniors started from,right?...peace..;)

OK OK! I will expand the list to another 18 slots, and 4 reserved.

And if there is any more need to increase, will do so by Wednesday. Do keep an eye out!

Cheers!

Numnumball said:
Wow.. such a overwhelming response.. too bad i cant help in this one :cry:

calling all seniors!!
please sign up for this outing!! :)
we need more ppl like Numnumball, Daredevil123, Dingaroo, etc to help out
the last newbies outing at kallang was really good.

Last edited:
No no. No ill intention in my statement.
It's just my observation from previous outings, that actually a lot of the self-declared "newbies" aren't really that blur about photography. Which leads me to conclude that they're coming along mainly to meet other photogs.

My only frustration with that situation is that genuine newbies sometimes don't get a spot.

hehehe. well its up to the so called newbies, if they want to learn or share what they know..the important thing is we all share and learn from one another,,,hehehe ..tnkss, bro...:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Hi All,

I have decided to semi-finalise the name list for the Newbies Outing @ Marina Barrage on 6th June to the following:

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. -empty-
3. -empty-
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer
& Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
4. Dleugene & Mrs Dleugene
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
12. Reserved (glennaugilar)
13. vynus (Pei Lin)
14. Chilli Crab
15. Prelix
14. icefox23
15. winkoo88
16. -empty-
17. -empty-
18. -empty-

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. Odyssey-Boy
6. vee5
7. urban93
8. hlyeoh
---------FULL, NOT TAKING IN ANYMORE-----------

I still have more slots for seniors and guides, and newbies. Those who think they want to contribute back to the community by helping to guide and answer newbies queries, please step forward. Trust me, we don't want a guru, but sufficient enough to answer basic and important questions of photography particularly, landscape (which I feel should be a basic requirement for all photographers).

For the independent shooters, you are not getting off that easily! I am expecting you to mingle with the newbies, help them out, but the newbies will look to the seniors and guides should you, the independent shooters, are unable to answer the newbies' questions.

More details will follow in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

Well... it seems there are large number of capable shooters who are not willing to teach but want to join as "independent shooters".

I don't see why they cannot go to the location and shoot at the same place on their own, and be as independent as they want to be.

I mean, that is how I learnt too, going out and shoot on my own or with 1 or 2 good friends. I remember the countless mornings waking up at 5am and shooting in the dark morning hours.

I don't mind joining to teach and exchange pointers on settings compositions with like minded people, but since i have not been shooting landscape for some time especially for locations in Singapore so its kind of rusty if others don't mind. Not a newbie but not a senior too haha.

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. -empty-
3. -empty-
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer
& Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
13. vynus (Pei Lin)
14. Chilli Crab
15. Prelix
14. icefox23
15. winkoo88
16. ENDorphins
17. -empty-
18. -empty-

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. Odyssey-Boy
6. vee5
7. urban93
8. hlyeoh

Many thanks to dingaroo for opening up a few more slots! In that case, I would be coming in 16th position under the newbie flag. Look forward to next weekend, would keep a lookout for updates here. ;)

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. -empty-
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer
& Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
13. vynus (Pei Lin)
14. Chilli Crab
15. Prelix
14. icefox23
15. winkoo88
16. ENDorphins
17. -empty-
18. -empty-

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. Odyssey-Boy
6. vee5
7. urban93
8. hlyeoh

My name got removed? signing up for a 2nd time.

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. -empty-
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer
& Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
13. vynus (Pei Lin)
14. Chilli Crab
15. Prelix
14. icefox23
15. winkoo88
16. ENDorphins
17. musichelle
18. -empty-

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. Odyssey-Boy
6. vee5
7. urban93
8. hlyeoh

Seniors
1. Jacobs
2. daredevil123
3. -empty-
4. -empty-
5. -empty-
6. -empty-

Newbies
1. Sheaffey
2. Scubagolfer
& Mrs Scubagolfer
3. songws
5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
6. 230j31 (Roger)
7. wuminlee
8. Nataru (Kimmura)
9. loya48
10. adheeth
11. FibonJemer
13. vynus (Pei Lin)
14. Chilli Crab
15. Prelix
14. icefox23
15. winkoo88
16. ENDorphins
17. musichelle
18. musichelle's friend

Independent Shooters
1. Megatops
2. dacteo (David)
3. Joshua Tan
4. kenny888
5. Odyssey-Boy
6. vee5
7. urban93
8. hlyeoh
---------FULL, NOT TAKING IN ANYMORE----------

tnks guys for giving all newbies a chance!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I don't mind joining to teach and exchange pointers on settings compositions with like minded people, but since i have not been shooting landscape for some time especially for locations in Singapore so its kind of rusty if others don't mind. Not a newbie but not a senior too haha.

If you have done landscape photography outside of Singapore, maybe can relate your experiences to us during the dinner break.

Cheers!

Hi, in advance, I would like to give up my slot for this outing. That's a sad thing.. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.