Newbies Night Shooting, Marina Barrage Wed 22Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Am planning to go back to Marina Barrage for some night shots after work.
If any newbies would like to tag along, you're more than welcome.

I can share with you what I know about setting up the camera for night shots.
If you're reasonably experienced in night photography, I doubt I can teach you anything, since I'm no expert myself :angel:

Meeting Point: Marina Bay MRT exit A bus-stop, or the Barrage carpark itself.
Date: Wednesday 22 April
Time: approx. 1930hrs (depends on my work schedule)

I will be driving, so I can ferry 3 others who don't drive.
Try not to make it too large a group. Just casual shooting and learning from each other.

The timing isn't too wonderful, since it's after the 'golden hour', but the salary-paying job comes first, so no choice... But I did get some nice shots even at about 8 or 9pm.

If you're interested, do drop me a PM or reply on this thread, and we can work something out.

Cheers!

Things to bring:
1) Camera (obviously): preferably DSLR or prosumer.
2) Tripod - Don't have, no worries. Can share.
3) Water

Last edited:
The shoot is ON !! Have received encouraging response.
Looks like I'll get to know more shooting kakis! :)

Last edited:
Hi my new friend,

PLs included me I m Ryan Koh started taking up photography less than half a year.

I m working at Changi Airport will be driving too. My hp: 97319126.

I m using Sony Alpha 300 with kit lens hope u guys don mind.

Hear from u soon. Thanks :)

why not on friday?
Will be better.

Newbie here with A200 with kit lens here.

Hi
I would like to join too.. I am very new.. Just started to learn .. Would like to know how to set those settings in different modes..

if can make it on Friday
i am interested to tag along.

Hi
I would like to join too.. I am very new.. Just started to learn .. Would like to know how to set those settings in different modes..

No problem! You're most welcome to learn. Do drop me a PM with your contact details. We can work out the arrangements from there.
As I said in my first post, if you are already experienced, I have nothing to teach you, since I'm only a self-taught hobbyist.

Are we still going on 22 Apr Wed? I would like to go too ... I can make wed ... meet you in town? I'm study/work in town area.

THanks.

I wanted to go too, i am using eos 1000d with kit lens and 75-300mm USM III

can i go ?

I am technically a newbie. May I be part of the group?

Wednesday is good. I finish work earlier. I'll also be driving and will be leaving from Napier road. Erh... I can also pack food for picnic.

esther

I am technically a newbie. May I be part of the group?

Wednesday is good. I finish work earlier. I'll also be driving and will be leaving from Napier road. Erh... I can also pack food for picnic.

esther

Eh? Aren't you quite experienced?
;)
Wah, paiseh :embrass: to make you pack food. No need la...
I think everyone should either pack some snacks or grab a bite before coming down.
I'll do the same too. Don't think my stomach can stand it otherwise.
There's food and drinks at Barrage, but quite expensive.

Eh? Aren't you quite experienced?
;)
Wah, paiseh :embrass: to make you pack food. No need la...
I think everyone should either pack some snacks or grab a bite before coming down.
I'll do the same too. Don't think my stomach can stand it otherwise.
There's food and drinks at Barrage, but quite expensive.

heys bro,
i'll head down, prolly share some of my pointers with u guys, generally not some one seasoned in night shots ( more to street shoots thou). i drive too. and i'll be around town area at evening. i could fetch 3 people too.

heys bro,
i'll head down, prolly share some of my pointers with u guys, generally not some one seasoned in night shots ( more to street shoots thou). i drive too. and i'll be around town area at evening. i could fetch 3 people too.

Thanks for offering your help!
Much appreciated.

I'll be out of town from thursday - monday, and I won't have access to my emails and Clubsnap. So, even if all is quiet, doesn't mean the event is off! :)
I think there are enough ppl attending already. Quite surprised by the positive response for a weekend evening shoot. And I thought I'd be lone ranger that night :) Even if a 1 or 2 people 'fly aeroplane', it should still be a healthy turnout.

If anyone has SB600 or SB800, do bring along. It'd be cool to do a big AWL set-up for group photo :)

im a newbie on Dslr... and trying hard on reading theory... haha... it is good to learn from experience photographer to improve my skill........ will join you buddy....

Hi there,

Can i be part of the outing? Been wanting to visit barrage...
Want to learn some pointers from season shooters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.