Newbie's Close Up - Needs comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenarrow2k4

Nov 1, 2004
Northern Singapore
Below is a close up capture of my Tamiya 1/35 Tiger. Using a A95 on auto. How to have this pic turns up sharp :dunno:

14679tank-1.JPG

tried the macro mode?

got use tripod?
or at least rest the camera on a stable surface and use self-timer to activate
try to play around with aperture, iso, EV, shutter speed, etc.
Can actually use software to sharpen it also

greenarrow2k4 said:
Below is a close up capture of my Tamiya 1/35 Tiger. Using a A95 on auto. How to have this pic turns up sharp :dunno:

easy. Just mount your A95 to a tripod, use Av or Manual (ensure the EV is +0) with f8 , timer mode on and SNAP .. sure sharp

sorry to borrow this thread, what does the (the EV is +0) do ?

duno quite know how to best make use of it ?
is this anything to do with the flash
using A70.

its something like Exposure Compensation.
U use it to control the 'brightness' of the picture u taking.
Just play with it and u will know.
More observable if u set EV+2 in a low-light room and then upload to pc.

megaweb said:
easy. Just mount your A95 to a tripod, use Av or Manual (ensure the EV is +0) with f8 , timer mode on and SNAP .. sure sharp

Followed your advice :D, and only thing is how or where should I change the focal? Anyway, a couple of shots using your pointers as guide.

14679tank-11.JPG

14679tank-21.JPG

greenarrow2k4 said:
Followed your advice :D, and only thing is how or where should I change the focal? Anyway, a couple of shots using your pointers as guide.

14679tank-11.JPG

14679tank-21.JPG

u can use flash if u dont want to see the shadow

greenarrow2k4 said:
If I use flash, will the pic turn out as white-wash since I've a white background ? :think:

oh yah... forgot its macro shot... think cannot use flash.
Pls trial and error and u will find the answer.

not enough depth of field? especially the first one, the cannon muzzle is out of focus. not sure, but try playing with aperture settings, or shoot from further away then crop picture?

pai said:
not enough depth of field? especially the first one, the cannon muzzle is out of focus. not sure, but try playing with aperture settings, or shoot from further away then crop picture?

maybe he can try your method of cropping,
like that he can even use flash.
But i think there might be more noise/pixelation when expanded thru cropping

pai said:

If I bring the muzzle to focus, the other portion of the tank will turns out blur. Which is the best aperture to use in this case? Btw, where to find the aperture setting on the a95 :dunno: Peiseh - me newbie.

set to manual (M) and you should see 2 values at the bottom of the screen.

The one on the left is the exposure time, the rigth is aperture (F2.8, F-something)

Else you can simplify things and set to Av (Aperture priority). Set the aperture value and the exposure time is automatic. just remember to mount it on a tripod in case you get long exposure times.

What i normally use to capture model vehicles is have many table lamps all around to soften the shadow. mostly from my back to the front.

Ok.. not many but I have only 2 ;p one from my left and one from my right both shining diagonally at my toys..models i mean. This way I don't need to use the flash. And I use a cloth as my backdrop (got light blue, white, black).

oh yah.. king tiger will be very happy to see this thread. Can ask him for comments and tips. heheh.. i think he just lovess Tigers (the tank). :blah:

for shutter speed, when do we used 1/10 sec and 3 sec ?
especially nite shots. which shutter speed is recommended ??

sin77 said:
oh yah... forgot its macro shot... think cannot use flash.
Pls trial and error and u will find the answer.

No, you can! Just DIY some diffuser attachment to the build-in flash. But have to expt abit, no problem right? Its free since it digital mah.

greenarrow2k4 said:
If I bring the muzzle to focus, the other portion of the tank will turns out blur. Which is the best aperture to use in this case? Btw, where to find the aperture setting on the a95 :dunno: Peiseh - me newbie.

try using Av mode and setting it at the narrowest aperture (largest f number) - for a95 is it f8? if after you do that, some parts of the tank are still out of focus, then move back a little, this will let you get more of it in focus. then you can crop the picture tighter, 5mp is big enough to crop lah, u not making poster right?

Status
Not open for further replies.