Status
Not open for further replies.

s3lina

Sep 15, 2004
Pasir Ris
a.1asphost.com
Just wanna say hi to each and everyone of you. It's good that you have this forum as I am pretty much interested to learn photography. It's just that I was recently graduated form overseas and still jobless since I got back in March this year and my financial crisis never allow me to attend a paid formal course. I will surely be looking forward to outings and making friends, young & old, as well as getting "free" (hehe) pointers here & there on photography.

Cheers!
Selina Mohamed
http://a.1asphost.com/selyna

Welcome to Clubsnap !

Thread moved to Newbies Corner :)

You can join the Clubsnap Seed to know more people

s3lina said:
Just wanna say hi to each and everyone of you. It's good that you have this forum as I am pretty much interested to learn photography. It's just that I was recently graduated form overseas and still jobless since I got back in March this year and my financial crisis never allow me to attend a paid formal course. I will surely be looking forward to outings and making friends, young & old, as well as getting "free" (hehe) pointers here & there on photography.

Cheers!
Selina Mohamed
http://a.1asphost.com/selyna

OK what do I need to equip myself to start photography. I already have an SLR camera and a friend gave me a tripod. With regards to financial constraints... what are the essential basic things that I need?

s3lina said:
OK what do I need to equip myself to start photography. I already have an SLR camera and a friend gave me a tripod. With regards to financial constraints... what are the essential basic things that I need?

lots of cheap film. Also consider investing in a film scanner, if you don't already have one.

foxtwo said:
lots of cheap film. Also consider investing in a film scanner, if you don't already have one.
yeap....cheap films is a GOOD start :D

better still, cheap cameras too...

I dunno if you want to invest in a fim scanner...but if you want to shoot film a long time before changing to digital...then get one. as long as can scan more than 2000px

khairi said:
yeap....cheap films is a GOOD start :D

better still, cheap cameras too...

I dunno if you want to invest in a fim scanner...but if you want to shoot film a long time before changing to digital...then get one. as long as can scan more than 2000px

Thanks Foxtwo & Khairi. Yeah I will not be buying Digital SLR for now. but how much can I get for a used film scanner?

s3lina said:
Thanks Foxtwo & Khairi. Yeah I will not be buying Digital SLR for now. but how much can I get for a used film scanner?

Mine is a general purpose flatbed scanner that comes with an adapter for scanning 35mm film. CanoScan LIDE 80.

Not sure how much they go for 2nd hand, sorry.

s3lina said:

i reckon about $300-$400 should get a good 2nd hand film scanner. another option would be to have the shop process the film then let them burn a CD for you. it's cheaper than getting prints.

oh, welcome to the club. and don't worry too much about your gear, understand the basics, get your technique right and find your style, most importantly, enjoy yourself. :D

agree with patch about developing film and getting the lab to do the scans. cheaper on the short run bout if you are going on film on the long run, it's always a good idea to have a film scanner... at photofinish labs, they do it $3 per roll + developing fee 4 bucks = 7 bucks per roll (normal film, C41 process). one scanner around $300 will be around 100 rolls lorz... i dunt think it is a must to go for workshops, i find it better to shoot more, and learn from friends...

What is SEED? Paiseh, join for about a month still dunno.

I see THANKYOU!!... And sorry for being rude. Hi selina, welcome to clubSNAP. May you find many good deals here as I have. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.