Newbie


Status
Not open for further replies.

s3lina

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
10
0
0
Pasir Ris
a.1asphost.com
#1
Just wanna say hi to each and everyone of you. It's good that you have this forum as I am pretty much interested to learn photography. It's just that I was recently graduated form overseas and still jobless since I got back in March this year and my financial crisis never allow me to attend a paid formal course. I will surely be looking forward to outings and making friends, young & old, as well as getting "free" (hehe) pointers here & there on photography.

Cheers!
Selina Mohamed
http://a.1asphost.com/selyna
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
#3
Welcome to Clubsnap !

Thread moved to Newbies Corner :)

You can join the Clubsnap Seed to know more people
 

s3lina

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
10
0
0
Pasir Ris
a.1asphost.com
#5
s3lina said:
Just wanna say hi to each and everyone of you. It's good that you have this forum as I am pretty much interested to learn photography. It's just that I was recently graduated form overseas and still jobless since I got back in March this year and my financial crisis never allow me to attend a paid formal course. I will surely be looking forward to outings and making friends, young & old, as well as getting "free" (hehe) pointers here & there on photography.

Cheers!
Selina Mohamed
http://a.1asphost.com/selyna
OK what do I need to equip myself to start photography. I already have an SLR camera and a friend gave me a tripod. With regards to financial constraints... what are the essential basic things that I need?
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#6
s3lina said:
OK what do I need to equip myself to start photography. I already have an SLR camera and a friend gave me a tripod. With regards to financial constraints... what are the essential basic things that I need?
lots of cheap film. Also consider investing in a film scanner, if you don't already have one.
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
0
41
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
#7
foxtwo said:
lots of cheap film. Also consider investing in a film scanner, if you don't already have one.
yeap....cheap films is a GOOD start :D

better still, cheap cameras too...

I dunno if you want to invest in a fim scanner...but if you want to shoot film a long time before changing to digital...then get one. as long as can scan more than 2000px
 

s3lina

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
10
0
0
Pasir Ris
a.1asphost.com
#8
khairi said:
yeap....cheap films is a GOOD start :D

better still, cheap cameras too...

I dunno if you want to invest in a fim scanner...but if you want to shoot film a long time before changing to digital...then get one. as long as can scan more than 2000px
Thanks Foxtwo & Khairi. Yeah I will not be buying Digital SLR for now. but how much can I get for a used film scanner?
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#9
s3lina said:
Thanks Foxtwo & Khairi. Yeah I will not be buying Digital SLR for now. but how much can I get for a used film scanner?
Mine is a general purpose flatbed scanner that comes with an adapter for scanning 35mm film. CanoScan LIDE 80.

Not sure how much they go for 2nd hand, sorry.
 

patch17

New Member
Jun 30, 2003
728
0
0
here and there
#10
s3lina said:
Thanks Foxtwo & Khairi. Yeah I will not be buying Digital SLR for now. but how much can I get for a used film scanner?
i reckon about $300-$400 should get a good 2nd hand film scanner. another option would be to have the shop process the film then let them burn a CD for you. it's cheaper than getting prints.

oh, welcome to the club. and don't worry too much about your gear, understand the basics, get your technique right and find your style, most importantly, enjoy yourself. :D
 

weevil84

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
250
0
0
Tampines
#11
agree with patch about developing film and getting the lab to do the scans. cheaper on the short run bout if you are going on film on the long run, it's always a good idea to have a film scanner... at photofinish labs, they do it $3 per roll + developing fee 4 bucks = 7 bucks per roll (normal film, C41 process). one scanner around $300 will be around 100 rolls lorz... i dunt think it is a must to go for workshops, i find it better to shoot more, and learn from friends...
 

itchy

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
396
0
0
Katong
#14
What is SEED? Paiseh, join for about a month still dunno.
 

itchy

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
396
0
0
Katong
#17
I see THANKYOU!!... And sorry for being rude. Hi selina, welcome to clubSNAP. May you find many good deals here as I have. :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom