Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpui

Dec 26, 2009
Dear all,

I am very new to photography, but after joining my friend for a session, i was fascinated by the macro world.

Need all experts' advice on which camera to buy.

Budget : $1,000 to $1,500
Uses : Normal and Macro Photography

Appreciate all helps.

Welcome to CS :) Take a free tour around CS & also check out the Macros & Close-ups section. There you'll get to see what kind of equipments being used for the shots. From there you'll get an idea of what gears are needed & suitable for marco shoots. As for what camera to buy, I suggest you visit & read up on the different camera makes from their respective websites & narrow down your search. Then go to the shops & get a feel of it & check out its features. Then you decide which one to buy ;)

Welcome to CS :) Take a free tour around CS & also check out the Macros & Close-ups section. There you'll get to see what kind of equipments being used for the shots. From there you'll get an idea of what gears are needed & suitable for marco shoots. As for what camera to buy, I suggest you visit & read up on the different camera makes from their respective websites & narrow down your search. Then go to the shops & get a feel of it & check out its features. Then you decide which one to buy ;)

Agreeeedddd...

Since u r fascinated by that session w/ ur frd
Maybe u can consider the photography gears which are used in that session for a start.. :think:

Dear all,

I am very new to photography, but after joining my friend for a session, i was fascinated by the macro world.

Appreciate all helps.

Welcomr to CS :) I like your nickname...pumpui..hahahha

Dear all,

Appreciate all helps.

You might want to buy the same brand of camera as your friend so that you both can swap lenses. If he is unwilling to swap with you, then you should go and look for a camera that you think it is good. The camera should feels comfortable in your hand. You should also go to the camera shops like courts, harvey norman, etc and try it out before you buy.

If you prefer canon, you can check out the reviews at http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/

if you are into macro, then you might want to get a macro lens, however this does not come cheap...
but there are cheaper ways to do macro, like getting a close up lens, but you lose on sharpness....

:)

Dear all,

Appreciate all helps.

Welcome to CS!

Basic 2nd hand DSLR can get for less than $600.

Basic 2nd hand kit lens can get for less than $200.

Very good 2nd hand Tamron 90mm macro lens can get for less than $500.

Still under budget.

All the best!

Welcome to CS!

Basic 2nd hand DSLR can get for less than $600.

Basic 2nd hand kit lens can get for less than $200.

Very good 2nd hand Tamron 90mm macro lens can get for less than $500.

Still under budget.

All the best!

Can do better than that :)
BRAND NEW DSLR (eg. Nikon D3000, Canon 1000D, Sony A2xx, Sony A3xx, Pentax KX, etc) with kit lens for well under $1000, and a good 2nd hand Tamron for <$500 (according to you, as I don't know the pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.