Status
Not open for further replies.

RAGE77

Apr 3, 2009
north side
HEY people im a newbie here,,finally i bought my very own dslr camera damn F7@#ing happi, i always hungry to learn more about dslr..juz bought Canon 40D with dual kits lens 1 week ago..been shooting alot since then wht do you guys thing of this model,,,any advise,,,any good tips,,

Best to read up on the newbies guides posted here, and make sure to search before asking... Almost any question you have has been answered before for sure.

ive been shooting alot of nature, birds, crabs ,monkey,cats using my kits len 55-250 if not mistaken...and some scenary shot too sunrise 18-55..been doing these for the past few days every morn coz since me werk pm shift...went to location like sembawang park..marsiling jetty etc what are the best lense for shooting all those stuff i mention above any advise..

any advise on lenses for the above shots...

hi

welcome to cs and congrats on your new camera

Cheers
Shaz

Welcome fellow 40D user. I used 18-55 kit lens for quite some time b4 I decided to get a 17-55 for portraits which I take the most. The kit lens aperture not exactly great but ur 40D noise control quite decent even up to iso800 so dun be afraid to up the iso to get those shots. One thing to take note of is that both kit lens picture quality not really good when at the widest end and on the largest aperture(vignetting, soft edges, ca). I normally use at >F8 so the pictures come out pretty well. Good luck and have fun :)

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post more
(hijack Michael Lim's line)

what you have is a good start. I remembered when I started out, all I had was the body. no lens. what you have now, use it.

determine what u like to shoot. thereafter, if you feel like continuing on with the genre you are taking, research and find the lenses suitable for the genre.

Use your current equipment and learn how to use it. No point running around for gear without knowing what to do. Get into the very basics of photography (see the sticky threads).
Other topics you should have a look at: composition; post-processing and image storage; dry cabinet; tripod.

you need an L lens..

after you get one, doesn't matter what you shoot, make sure your photograph says "L lens", and people will go WOW!! :bsmilie:

shoot more and experiment around with the aperture and shutter speed your lens and camera can offer u. from there you will understand and know what u will like to have for a lens. then u can start planning on your next fall down the bottomless pit of photography, since u are a canon user there will be many Long fall for u in the future. :bsmilie:

you need an L lens..

after you get one, doesn't matter what you shoot, make sure your photograph says "L lens", and people will go WOW!! :bsmilie:

shoot more and experiment around with the aperture and shutter speed your lens and camera can offer u. from there you will understand and know what u will like to have for a lens. then u can start planning on your next fall down the bottomless pit of photography, since u are a canon user there will be many Long fall for u in the future. :bsmilie:

LoL... I see goat and nixon spreading LLL + BBB virus... :sweatsm:

Congratulation! I start learning into photography world too..

Hola Amigo! Welcome to CS and the light side! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.