Status
Not open for further replies.

Dev_Crat

Dec 5, 2005
Singapore
Hi to all,
I am new to photography and wish you people could give me an advice on getting a camera. My budget is around $700 and i wish to get a camera with manual settings to enable me to experiment with. Hope you people can give me some advice and camera selections. Thank You :)

Happy Holidays,
:D

Panasonic FZ5 is you choice...Price about S$600+ (New)
If you don't mind to spend a bit more, Canon S2 IS anti shake is much more better...Price S$800+ (New)...:thumbsup: ;)

Yup,agree..Panasonic FZ5 is an excellent camera for beginners.

With price of $600+,Its really worth every cent.:thumbsup:

the minolta Dimage Z6 was going for $649 with 1 GB CF card during SITEX. KM APO GT lens, 10x zoom, and hotshoe for flash + AS.

I was wondering. The Panasonic FZ5 has no manual focus. Would it be much of a difference? I mean with no manual focus would it be a less feature for me to experiment with? or is it negligible.

Thanks for all your advises,
:bsmilie:

Oh.. Thanks.. Is there any shops that have good offers? :D

JediForce4ever said:
IMO, its quite difficult to MF in Prosumer's EVF/LCD.Coz the screen resolution not very accurate.

This depends. many prosumer EVF has magnification in the EVF centre region to aid manual focusing. Pixel-by-pixel focusing as seen by the sensor itself. :thumbsup:

Dev_Crat said:
Hi to all,
I am new to photography and wish you people could give me an advice on getting a camera. My budget is around $700 and i wish to get a camera with manual settings to enable me to experiment with. Hope you people can give me some advice and camera selections. Thank You :)

the FinePix S5600 is selling around $600 too.

Yup :) i was thinking of getting that. I mean the FinePix S5600. Have you used that camera before?

Dev_Crat said:
Yup :) i was thinking of getting that. I mean the FinePix S5600. Have you used that camera before?

Here is a quick review on the S5600/S5200
http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-s5200-review.html

I have one :thumbsup:
Its a good camera :thumbsup: with very natural colour reproduction. What I like most about the camera is the low-noise images at high ISO modes. Only at ISO 1600 can you really see detail loss. At ISO800, the photo is still very good in terms of noise as compared to similar ranged cameras. This is why I didnt get the Lumix FZ5, which despite having good lense, produce very noisy images. I also like the feel of holding the S5600 much more. Just personal preference. You should hold them in your own hands and take some shots to get a feel.
Threaded lense so you can buy 55mm filters and use without the need of adaptors.
My gripe is that if you use high ISO combined with long shutter delay, can see hot pixels at 100% crops, but not visible if printed.

Hi Dev,

You'll find ALOT more choices and definitely cheaper and good cameras in the Buy & Sell.:bigeyes:

So sorry, my cams are not for sale. I was so tempted to buy them, so many

choices and brands.:think:

I'm in the Newbie corner cos I cant take the temptation.:sweat:

If you dun mind 2nd hand, cheaper for better stuff. :thumbsup:

me 2. new in photography.. Decided to learn something new...for year 2006.

Hey Dev, have u got urself S5600 ? how much does it cost leh?

I haven't got mine yet.. Still deciding over Panasonic FZ-5 or FujiFilm FinePix S5600 and saving up.. Have you got yours?

New to forum too ;) .i would recommend FZ-5 thou. Have frds using it and in terms of performance for the budget you have, its quite gd

If I had slightly more than $600 in my hands, I'd be leaning towards something like the Fuji Finepix F10 (or maybe the newer F11, depending on how much this costs). The high ISO performance is better than other cameras in its category, meaning that your camera is more versatile. If you land yourself in a dark place like a church and need to take photos without a flash, you can still manage.

If we up the budget to around $800, I'd think about the Canon PowerShot S80 or PowerShot S2 IS.

Check out the offerings of the other brand names in the market.

And I highly recommend you read the reviews at:

www.dpreview.com
www.dcresource.com

before you buy. Make sure you're clear on the pros and cons of the cameras you're interested in, and be ready to make allowances if you choose to buy them.

Thanks :) but has anyone recently bought a new Fuji S5600 and how much did you bought it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.