Newbie with UV filters..need help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcosis

Jul 13, 2008
Hi guys, i am new to the photography..just bought a D60 a few months back. Went to get the UV filters recently but i can't seems to get the thing fix. I am using the 18-55mm and the 55-200mm lens. Got the filters in 52mm..can anyone advice how to fix that..super newbie..thanks..:dunno:

is 58mm i think...check your lens cover (back should have the correct size) my 18-55 and 55-250 is 58mm but canon

hmm.both is 52mm not wrong..but i can't get the thing in..am i doing it the wrong way..?

:bigeyes:

just screw the filter in,it's like screwing the top of a jar back on

got it got it..thanks guys..was tinking of getting polariser..was quoted at $38..izzit on the cheap side..

got it got it..thanks guys..was tinking of getting polariser..was quoted at $38..izzit on the cheap side..

depends on what type of polariser. there are many kinds, some better quality than others (easier to clean, scratch resistant etc)

hmm..tinking of getting CPL..

BBB virus...i got the 77mm Tokina CPL from MS colour at 45 bucks..i think 52mm should be around 30plus....

oh okie..thanks so much..

is 58mm i think...check your lens cover (back should have the correct size) my 18-55 and 55-250 is 58mm but canon

Please get your info right to avoid misinforming. Both the Nikkor 18-55 and 55-200 use 52mm filters.

@threadstarter (TS), don't just buy a CPL for the sake of it. Many people buy them when first starting out, then sell them again because they don't find it suitable for their usage.

@threadstarter (TS), don't just buy a CPL for the sake of it. Many people buy them when first starting out, then sell them again because they don't find it suitable for their usage.
Thanks for the advice. :) tinking twice now..

Status
Not open for further replies.