Newbie with limited photography knowledge need some help ~!

Earnestbuyer

Aug 30, 2019
Hi there !

I am a newbie, or rather noobie, when it comes to photography. I don't really know what is Aperture, ISO, shutter speed etc on how it affects the pictures taken etc.

But seriously, I am thinking of getting a good camera that is good for concert photography! So I definitely need something that is light weight, sharp and precise even under low light, and ideally with optical stability. I was thinking best if the zoom and megapixel is very high so that if i am sitting farrrrrrrrrr away, i would still be able to capture the subject/object without having a lot of picture noise, graininess / blurriness.

I stumble upon articles on Sony ILCE-QX1 but understood it was discontinued since it's a 2014 launch.
I thought the idea of being able to latch it onto a smartphone was very cool and convenient for me. Anybody has QX1 and is willing to sell it to me? Or knows something similar to it that you can recommend please? Thanks!!

Budget wise, I am definitely not ready for a DLSR. Appreciate your help, everyone ! :)

Quote {a good camera that is good for concert photography! } UnQuote

But are people in the audience allowed to take photos during most concert performances?
For most cases, this seems to be strictly forbidden:
• for copyright reasons
• for reason of not disturbing other people in the audience sitting near to you while you are busy taking photos.
• for reason of not distracting the performers on the stage during the performance
• if you camera makes loud noises, it will damage/ruin a music performance
• if you use flash, it is surely an anti-social thing to do
• for legal reasons, performers want to control rights to images taken of their performance

However there may be some open air public concerts where they got no objection to photo taking.
Like those in shopping malls for Chinese New Year celebrations.
You probably have to ask and confirm first.

You might want to check out this link...
www. cameralabs.com/best-superzoom-camera/

Try getting a camera from the Canon PowerShot series. They have brilliant cameras (G5X Mark II, G7X Mark III etc) which are small, compact, point-and-shoot devices but are capable of reaching DSLR territory in the right hands and conditions.

You might want to check out Fuji X100T...as a start.