Newbie with Canon EOS 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotojoy

Mar 10, 2005
Singapore, NE
Hi pplez,

I played with my new baby... some shots ... flowers ones are taken with the kit lens while the playground pic is taken with the EF75-300mm f4.0-5.6 lens.

By the way, can someone advise: How do I resize the pic (usually when taken straight from CF card is HUGE) without changing the quality (good or not so good)?
cucumber_flower.jpg

lilies.jpg

at_the_playground.jpg

(downgraded quality of this jpeg due to filesize limit for upload)

hi. nice camera you have there. pictures are rather underexposed. try to do some exposure compensation if you are shooting in Av mode.

flowers a tripod may be useful:D

fotojoy said:
Hi pplez,

I played with my new baby... some shots ... flowers ones are taken with the kit lens while the playground pic is taken with the EF75-300mm f4.0-5.6 lens.

By the way, can someone advise: How do I resize the pic (usually when taken straight from CF card is HUGE) without changing the quality (good or not so good)?
cucumber_flower.jpg

lilies.jpg

at_the_playground.jpg

(downgraded quality of this jpeg due to filesize limit for upload)

Finally got your baby liao ah...must be playing hard on it...must call u elder sis liao 400d me 350d ....haha

Nice pictures & good camera. Upzzz for you. :thumbsup:

wanzw said:
hi. nice camera you have there. pictures are rather underexposed. try to do some exposure compensation if you are shooting in Av mode.

flowers a tripod may be useful:D

Okie, thanks for the advice.
Let me try again and post the pics. :sweatsm:

But wrt my question on how to resize the pics(so as to upload to clubsnap), and NOT sacrifice the quality of the pics..... is it possible?

Photonuts said:
Finally got your baby liao ah...must be playing hard on it...must call u elder sis liao 400d me 350d ....haha

cheyyyy .... w/o this u must call me elder sis too ...'cos me old old hahhaa...

actually, not much chance to play with it .... hopefully this weekend!?

fotojoy said:
Okie, thanks for the advice.
Let me try again and post the pics. :sweatsm:

But wrt my question on how to resize the pics(so as to upload to clubsnap), and NOT sacrifice the quality of the pics..... is it possible?

Use the image size function in photoshop. Also use save for web as opposed to save as. Saves space.

Stoned said:
Use the image size function in photoshop. Also use save for web as opposed to save as. Saves space.

Okie thanks! I'm using Macromedia Fireworks ...I think it has the same "save as" option too.

So using this method, the image is "wysiwyg"? Meaning no "processing" done on the image....

I want to upload pics in their original state (except for size), so that I can get advices from u guys here.... :sweat:

wah got new 400D. later must go shoot IMF fireworks with it. Hahaha~ Heard tt it's tonite 9.50pm at Esplande.

GeckoZ said:
wah got new 400D. later must go shoot IMF fireworks with it. Hahaha~ Heard tt it's tonite 9.50pm at Esplande.

Arghhhh .... didn't know it is today!!!

GeckoZ, why not u go take some pics and show me !! :p thanks ah!

eh. is tonight meh? lol. oh. if TS have installed DPP can also use it to resize pics and retain quality.

yup DPP can resize when u convert and save into another file.

wanzw said:
yup DPP can resize when u convert and save into another file.

pardon me, wat's ...

DPP:

TS:

:dunno: always kenna blurred by the acronyms

DPP - Digital Photo Professional, it comes bundled with your Canon installer disc
TS - Topic Starter, person who started topic, a crude way of calling the person and quite rude as well. Its much better to address the TS by his nick as its much more friendly.

nice camera you got there...
later buy some L Lenses :D :D

panzerpunk said:
DPP - Digital Photo Professional, it comes bundled with your Canon installer disc
TS - Topic Starter, person who started topic, a crude way of calling the person and quite rude as well. Its much better to address the TS by his nick as its much more friendly.

I see.... thanks. I've yet to installed the s/w from canon .... ;p

Will do so and see wat's in there .....

Status
Not open for further replies.