Newbie with a Canon 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcalcifer

Sep 17, 2009
East end of SG
Hi to all !
I have recently gotten a Canon 500D for a start into photography.
Hoping to hear more from the rest with a 500D out there or anyone who is new into photography. Can learn together! :D Cheers!

okie same here too... just into photography too.. looking for a wide angle lens and a 70-200 lens to complete my set ... keep in contact ya to go photography session togather.

me too, another newbie with a 500D :) that camera is a very popular choice with newbies, huh
not got any additional equipment, apart from a protective filter.. looking for a tele zoom lens n the 50mm prime (of course :D)

Hi to all !
I have recently gotten a Canon 500D for a start into photography.
Hoping to hear more from the rest with a 500D out there or anyone who is new into photography. Can learn together! :D Cheers!
It all depends what field of photography you want to go into.

eg, http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587807

The above has talks on photo tour as well as travel photography + examples.

i am really into landscape photography and portrait.... but do not really have any idea what lens to have LOL.. kindda of lost but my "teacher" advise me on a 70-200mm f/4L and a 10-20mm EF-S to top it up my 18-55mm standard lens..

so any advise on this combi?? feel free to add.. like to hear some ideas.. OF COURSE bear in mind price is of a prime concern also coz i not very rich LOL.

i am really into landscape photography and portrait.... but do not really have any idea what lens to have LOL.. kindda of lost but my "teacher" advise me on a 70-200mm f/4L and a 10-20mm EF-S to top it up my 18-55mm standard lens..

so any advise on this combi?? feel free to add.. like to hear some ideas.. OF COURSE bear in mind price is of a prime concern also coz i not very rich LOL.
Actually landscape, kit lens can already just that you need to learn stitching and have a very stable tripod. later on if you need can get the 10-20mm but need to learn PP tricks to get rid of any distortion.

for portrait, 30mm prime lens or even the budget 50mm is sufficent as long you learn to control Depth of Field. There are some cheat sheets around if i am not wrong.

Since you do not know what lens to get, the best advise is not to get any lens at all! Dont just buy blindly because the lens is good/highly recommended/everyone has got one so i must have one as well. Always remember one man's meat is another man's poison!

Just stick to your kit lens and learn about the basics of photography. The day that you feel limited by the kit lens is the day you will know what is the best lens to get to suit your own shooting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.