Newbie with 500D

Roboflame

Sep 20, 2010
Australia
Hi all,

I am new to here. I just bought a 500D. I got a tripod. And I want to buy a dry box or cabinet. Can I have any advice from you guys?

Thanks. This is really best photography forum in Singapore.

:):):bsmilie:

Hi all,

I am new to here. I just bought a 500D. I got a tripod. And I want to buy a dry box or cabinet. Can I have any advice from you guys?

What kind of advice? Regarding dry cabinets? Dry cabinets are less trouble and more convenient in the long run compared to dry box.

For more info on dry cabinets:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380

Hi all,

buy a dry box: monitoring of humidity once every few days/weeks, changing of gel etc
buy a dry cabinet: monitor for first day, leave your equiptment inside and check the screen once every 2 weeks :)

dry cabi is not that ex either. digi cabi db36 only cost $11x :)

Welcome to CS!
Get a dry cabinet.. Less hassel and probably more savings in the long run..
Enjoy ur stay :D

all bro/sis here will recommend getting a dry cabinet . . . ;)

in long run, less hassle, low cost, etc . . . and a nice furniture in your room for display of your loved toy too . . . ;)

Welcome to CS . . . ;)

buy a dry box: monitoring of humidity once every few days/weeks, changing of gel etc
buy a dry cabinet: monitor for first day, leave your equiptment inside and check the screen once every 2 weeks :)

dry cabi is not that ex either. digi cabi db36 only cost $11x :)

Yeah. I also thinking about whether to buy dry box or dry cabinet.

Thanks for your advice.
:thumbsup:

Wow... I wish I can join the outing. Because now I attending at Poly final year. So, if I got time, I really want to join. Because this is my first DSLR. The lens is 18-55mm IS lens. so, I need a lot of thing to learn about photography and really willing to learn. I will post my shots. I need your guys advice. Thanks a lot for warmly welcome me. :) :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to CS!
Get a dry cabinet.. Less hassel and probably more savings in the long run..
Enjoy ur stay :D

Yeah. I agree on it. But now my budget is low. No penny left in atm.. :(

Thanks for your advice. Before I buy dry box or dry cabinet, how can I keep my camera and lens?

:)

:thumbsup:

you can just keep it normally. fungus doesnt start growing until at least a few months of non usage. take it out regularly to use and you should be fine :)

you can just keep it normally. fungus doesnt start growing until at least a few months of non usage. take it out regularly to use and you should be fine :)

Ok.. That's nice. :) :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all,

I just bought mine not long ago too! This is my 500D with selections of lens on top of my dry cabi.

IMG_0377.jpg

Great! Welcome to CS!

Wow... I wish I can join the outing. Because now I attending at Poly final year. So, if I got time, I really want to join. Because this is my first DSLR. The lens is 18-55mm IS lens. so, I need a lot of thing to learn about photography and really willing to learn. I will post my shots. I need your guys advice. Thanks a lot for warmly welcome me. :) :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We shoot mostly on saturday early mornings... start shooting at 6am and end around 7:30am.

Even working people like us can find time. I am sure you can too. It is only up to you if you want to work hard at the hobby or not. ;)

Thanks all of your advices...

Now, with my budget I will buy a dry box first and keep my camera and one lens first... after months later, I will buy a dry cabinet...

Today, I saw one dry box at Fair Price Xtra at jurong point.. it is 25 SGD...

Could you explain how its works and how to keep camera and lens in the box?
And also, about the gel...

Thanks A lot... Cheers..