Newbie - Which course to take?

nottygirl

Oct 13, 2010
JB, Malaysia
Hi,

I'm newbie in ClubSnap. I browse some beginner course and I found 2 companies that realiable. I'm in dilemma don't know which will benefit to me.

PSS or Knowledge Bowl? Price both almost the same. Pls advice;)

this is my opinion.

for beginner level, u dun really need to go for any classes, just join any outings organised on this forum and ask ard.

once you are comfortable with some basics, then u can straight away go for intermediate level to get more understanding and try out new stuffs.

:)

yep... i agree... just read the sticky on top of this newbie forum.. theres a post by Sulhan... he gives a very good basic photography crash course on all the basic things like apature/iso etc.. read that first.. then use your camera and shoot ... see if you understand what he means...

Hi,

I'm newbie in ClubSnap. I browse some beginner course and I found 2 companies that realiable. I'm in dilemma don't know which will benefit to me.

PSS or Knowledge Bowl? Price both almost the same. Pls advice;)

i feel taking courses for more advanced stuff like studio lighting etc is more worth it. for the basics, it'd be better if u can read up on ur own like wad others have mentioned. there r many resources online regarding the basics of photography.

u can also join the beginner outings like sinned79 suggested, free of charge coaching plus make new friends somemore :bsmilie:

I like PSS, but even the basic stuff I only appreciated practically after going for shoots on ClubSNAP.

However, to be fair the reason I went for ClubSNAP shoots was because PSS asks you to make submissions for your basic course and I needed to find shots to submit.

Can try them, they have review sessions for the photos you take if you are shy to post on the forums.
If you miss classes they are also pretty flexible to arrange another session for you.

Last edited:
Sinned79, Agrivar, Irvine & Neo - Thanks for all your advice. I will take sinned79 advice to join more outing class to gain some experience and proceed to intermediate class....