Newbie: "Which camera should i buy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamerX

Nov 25, 2006
Hi,
I've been struggling on buying a dslr with a tight budget. I'm considering new Nikon D40/50; 2nd hand Canon 300D/350D, Nikon D70/D70s.
As i'm a newbie to slr, i would prefer to purchase for whole set with body & lense (less headache). Can anyone advise me which should i buy, juz for a starter?

thanks....

all are good enough. but i will try to skip the d70 and 300d.

All are good, depends on what you want, what you need and what you can afford. Personally, I would say that the Nikon D70s and the Canon 350D are good.

Hi,
I've been struggling on buying a dslr with a tight budget. I'm considering new Nikon D40/50; 2nd hand Canon 300D/350D, Nikon D70/D70s.
As i'm a newbie to slr, i would prefer to purchase for whole set with body & lense (less headache). Can anyone advise me which should i buy, juz for a starter?

thanks....

Do bear in mind that you are buying into an entire SYSTEM and not just the body alone. But saying that, you can't really go wrong with either Canon or Nikon.

In terms of function and noise control, get the 350D.
The D70s wins on ergonomics, but noise is very apparent after ISO 400.
I'd pass on the 300D, D40(especially) and D50

what is your tight budget?

thanks all for the comments.
my budget is around $1000~$1200. As it is part of my hobby, therefore, i think not to invest too much as a starter. later then upgrade to a better one if felt not enuf for the entry-level dslr.

thanks all for the comments.
my budget is around $1000~$1200. As it is part of my hobby, therefore, i think not to invest too much as a starter. later then upgrade to a better one if felt not enuf for the entry-level dslr.

Get a D50. You wont go wrong with it. It's an excellent entry-level camera, plus it's fully compatiable with all the nikkor lenses, unlike D40, where you can only do manual focus on the non AF-s lenses..

:)

thanks... will go for D50. after read other threads about D40 and D50. D50 is indeed a better choice to D40, though it is slightly more expensive. by the way, i heard that Nikon has discontinue D50. may i know where can i still buy this camera in SGP?

thanks... will go for D50. after read other threads about D40 and D50. D50 is indeed a better choice to D40, though it is slightly more expensive. by the way, i heard that Nikon has discontinue D50. may i know where can i still buy this camera in SGP?

search around the forum, i think i read that someone found a place 2 get the D50 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.