Newbie Wedding Day Photo Coverage Rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seezhijie

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
Anyone can tell me what are the rates for a 5 hours wedding day photographer coverage?
Here's 3 examples of the quality of the photos http://infiniterondo.daportfolio.com/gallery/467740

Look guys I'm here to ask for rates not some discouragement whatsoever. I too was quite shocked when she asked for my help. Maybe she's crazy I know but that's not the problem here now

Last edited:
There is a section about Photo Biz .. for a reason. Secondly, the Market Place has Commercial Services.
Do you mean you only want this quality? Or do you offer this kind of pics?

There is a section about Photo Biz .. for a reason. Secondly, the Market Place has Commercial Services.
Do you mean you only want this quality? Or do you offer this kind of pics?

I offer this kind of pics. Won't get angry if you say it's bad quality for wedding. My teacher wanted me to cover her wedding, despite the quality

Shots like that? I would not dare charge. I suggest you ask her to get a more seasoned photographer and tag along to learn.

I offer this kind of pics. Won't get angry if you say it's bad quality for wedding. My teacher wanted me to cover her wedding, despite the quality
Event coverage is more than snapping everything that happens. What's so remarkable about the noodles, unless there is an unwanted ingredient? :bigeyes:
Before you even take the camera in your hands you should discuss with the people what they want to get. Which pictures are a must, what purposes shall they serve? Secondly, have the basic knowledge it needs to manage the cam and to get the right exposure, white balance etc. If there is a main photographer see whether you can have some words with him/her without disturbing the paid job. Some are quite friendly. Focus on things that the main might miss cause he takes other pics.
I wouldn't dare to ask for money.

Event coverage is more than snapping everything that happens. What's so remarkable about the noodles, unless there is an unwanted ingredient? :bigeyes:
Before you even take the camera in your hands you should discuss with the people what they want to get. Which pictures are a must, what purposes shall they serve? Secondly, have the basic knowledge it needs to manage the cam and to get the right exposure, white balance etc. If there is a main photographer see whether you can have some words with him/her without disturbing the paid job. Some are quite friendly. Focus on things that the main might miss cause he takes other pics.
I wouldn't dare to ask for money.

the 3 photos are taken in school where we have no choice but to just snap. my school wouldn't bother to answer the questions

this type of question usually get zero kind of answer
is not maths and its equation

u ask your teacher how much does he/she want to pay
and despite the qty will it affect your sch results

the 3 photos are taken in school where we have no choice but to just snap. my school wouldn't bother to answer the questions
Then ask yourself and find answers. What is remarkable about the event that you want to capture? The difference between snapping and taking pictures lies within the thinking before pressing the shutter. That is what makes people look longer than 3sec at any picture. Or: what would make you spending money on event pictures?

So then what answer are you trying to tell, other than "We had noodles, and you can't recognize my friends because I chopped their heads in half"?

Then ask yourself and find answers. What is remarkable about the event that you want to capture? The difference between snapping and taking pictures lies within the thinking before pressing the shutter. That is what makes people look longer than 3sec at any picture. Or: what would make you spending money on event pictures?

Oh well. I knew something wasn't right when the teachers started saying my photos are nice

So then what answer are you trying to tell, other than "We had noodles, and you can't recognize my friends because I chopped their heads in half"?

That'd be what I won't get scolded for in school, amazingly

Even someone like this is charging around 500 for 10 hours coverage. It also includes unlimited number of shots during that 10 hours. It includes all post processing work, and also includes burning into 2 copies of DVDs.

How much do you think you can charge for 5 hours??

Last edited:
I think better not charge, not even for transport. Just go for experience lah.... :)

concur with 2100. dun charge, go for learning experience and make it as your portfolio. dun always talk about $$$ when u dun have the skills. just be thankful when your teacher gives u an ang bao as a token at the end of the wedding job. dun have this mindset that you have a black large camera (DSLR) = u are pro = start charging.

Last edited:
no offends,

#1, your standard is still far from charging.

#2, shooting wedding is far from shooting decent photos.

Not sure your teacher base on what reasons want to appoint you as his/her wedding photographer, but whatever it is, is still your teacher's choice,
and base on what capability you want to take up this assignment, no matter what it is, it is still your decision.

we have state our opinions, the rest is up to you.

i think u better dont charge, take it as a learning experience.. if u still insists on charging go ahead, but dont charge more than the price of printing the album and a few a4 size pics...

its up to you bro, i had fren who charge as low of $20 per hour to a minimum of $350 the whole day....

i believe you should have better photos for us to see . . . :think:

pls go to the Gallery (Wedding Portfolio) Sub Forum here to view some of the work of the CS Bros and Sis here . . . i think you should get another one or 2 to tag along to shoot . . .

Since it's your teacher's wedding . . . just ask for a red packet will do . . . afterall, your teacher . . . :D

Shooting for wedding is nv an easy thing... Is not like playing game, 1 token 3 try... you mess it up, you gonna pay for it.
for my personal advise, ask them to hire a professional photograper, while u will be there to shoot shoot too(for experience) T,T if i'm the new couple, i wont wan ugly photo to keep as our memories.. (;
experience & skill & equipment is NEEDED,!

Status
Not open for further replies.