Newbie Wedding Day Photo Coverage Rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS, if you intend to charge, I do hope for your sake that you can improve your skills before the wedding.

LOLS... I have to admit events coverage need years of skills and exp. I started out with portraits... once my friend ask me to cover for her 21st bdae. Although she is not very particular about the standard... i told her i CMI with no exp...can only go out to try try...

Pictures turn out so-so... FAR away from bros out here! Even she thank me and wanted to pay me... I refused to. Deeply embrassed with myself.:(

pls research and see what are the 'must have' shots that you need to do . . . and pls shoot at different angles and more pls . . .

(of course more does not mean good, but hope from the 'more', there are nice few . . . :bsmilie:)

Tell your client to get a pro . Please. you cannot afford to screw up her wedding photo and the more u should just tag along to shoot for experience. I mean it .. and having to say that . When i was an intern with my previous company. I follow my mentor to every wedding that they shoot for 5 mths... After shoot a wedding. instigate by my mentor somemore. You wouldnt want to know what goes behind the door during those times. But i am grateful for those times.... you rather get hammered by your teacher then your client..

these 3 photos look more like using handphone or PNS, if I employ a photographer & the results comes out like that, he will kena hantum

Shooting for wedding is nv an easy thing... Is not like playing game, 1 token 3 try... you mess it up, you gonna pay for it.
for my personal advise, ask them to hire a professional photograper, while u will be there to shoot shoot too(for experience) T,T if i'm the new couple, i wont wan ugly photo to keep as our memories.. (;
experience & skill & equipment is NEEDED,!

I won't be here if I thought my teacher is wise to pick me

Guys, give him a break.

Think carefully, if his teacher was even half interested in a extremely skillful photographer, she wouldn't even have asked her student to be her photographer. Obviously she has a rough idea of TS skills after seeing him shoot in school.

At the same time, we do not know whether the teacher already has a main pg. Perhaps TS is a nice kid and often volunteer for events in school, and the "quotation" is an angbao to him if he turn up to shoot the wedding.

Since it's the teacher's choice to hire him. Could we just advise him how much to quote/charge and not keep hantum-ing is skills? We obviously know he is not extremely skilled at this point of time...

just that TS and Teacher failed to realise that normally a person will only have an actual day wedding once in their life time and there is no such thing as NG and reshoot. Failing or shooting badly is not something you would want to be in.

Last edited:
Guys, give him a break.

Think carefully, if his teacher was even half interested in a extremely skillful photographer, she wouldn't even have asked her student to be her photographer. Obviously she has a rough idea of TS skills after seeing him shoot in school.

At the same time, we do not know whether the teacher already has a main pg. Perhaps TS is a nice kid and often volunteer for events in school, and the "quotation" is an angbao to him if he turn up to shoot the wedding.

Since it's the teacher's choice to hire him. Could we just advise him how much to quote/charge and not keep hantum-ing is skills? We obviously know he is not extremely skilled at this point of time...

Thanks for understanding. I won't blame them for not knowing the fact that they're talking to a 15 year old media club "expert". Yea and if this quality is "expert" in my club, you can expect what kind of CCA this is ~.~

Tell your client to get a pro . Please. you cannot afford to screw up her wedding photo and the more u should just tag along to shoot for experience. I mean it .. and having to say that . When i was an intern with my previous company. I follow my mentor to every wedding that they shoot for 5 mths... After shoot a wedding. instigate by my mentor somemore. You wouldnt want to know what goes behind the door during those times. But i am grateful for those times.... you rather get hammered by your teacher then your client..

Fortunately for you you have a mentor to follow. In my CCA, I AM the mentor. I have to learn everything myself and pass on to my juniors, only to end up getting 17 CCA points

Fortunately for you you have a mentor to follow. In my CCA, I AM the mentor. I have to learn everything myself and pass on to my juniors, only to end up getting 17 CCA points

You can find a mentor. Please... so many here in CS.

There are many ways to learn. One of them is to look at work from others. I personally learnt a great deal just looking at bro Luval's pictures he shot for my own wedding. ;)

Biggest problem is the "You have DSLR, so your pictures must automatically look pro" mentality. I think your teacher is afflicted with that. I think you should have a frank and honest discussion with her about how important her big day is to her.

poor boy, just one question got so many replies boombak him... :dunno:

It's not boombak him... We're actually more concerned for the brides big day, and the possibility of him making so many newbie mistakes and missing so many important shots that the couple won't have the memories of their big day.

It's all about the wedding, not the photographer.

Beside the main topic: now the context of your question becomes clear. Finally. (I don't know about this expert / junior system and CCA points, coming from a different country and schooling system.)
In some cases it is good to admit to juniors that the topic is too complex for this kind of knowledge transfer. We are talking here about a specialized topic of photography which requires years of experience, far beyond the basics of exposure. Even if you try your best and maybe you get some nice pictures the message to your juniors will be the same: it's difficult and needs lots of learning.
Beside this: is it legally sound if a teacher hires a student (here: her own student) for a part time job?

Beside this: is it legally sound if a teacher hires a student (here: her own student) for a part time job?

Plus he's 15. Can he even legally accept the job?

Guys, give him a break.

poor boy, just one question got so many replies boombak him... :dunno:
experience tell us.
when a person get slam hard, you will see two results.....

either this person give up totally, or work xtra harder to proof himself.

is this a fortune or misfortune that depends on him. :)

Wedding is a big & serious event. I would suggest that you ask your teacher to get an experienced photographer and maybe you just tag along to help take some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.