Newbie wants to buy camera

solame93

Apr 26, 2012
Hi all, im a beginner in photography and i want to buy a camera for my birthday. I wish to have one that can capture me when i jump ( sorry if i sound silly ) , i would like to ask if shutter speed 1/2000 is able to do it? and as well as does Aperture affects the clear picture that i want to take?

Hi all, im a beginner in photography and i want to buy a camera for my birthday. I wish to have one that can capture me when i jump ( sorry if i sound silly ) , i would like to ask if shutter speed 1/2000 is able to do it? and as well as does Aperture affects the clear picture that i want to take?

1/500s and 1/1000s can do it too. The trick is always to have good lighting.

You need to set a budget, but honestly, any point and shoot camera can do this. No DSLR needed. Just go out and get a point and shoot that you like and fits your budget.

make sure your point and shoot camera has got shutter priority or shutter-control shooting.

i have a crap PnS which shoots in auto all the time. Auto sport, auto this, auto that. very hard to express the creative intention if the camera does all the 'work' for you.

Yup. All you need is fast enough shutter speed and good light.
Can be achieve with most PNS compact.

make sure your point and shoot camera has got shutter priority or shutter-control shooting.

Or just the common "sports" mode that has been on most point and shoots for a while now... It's usually in the scenes menu.

Don't need 1/2000 of a second. Just need a flash to freeze your motion.