newbie want to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

supirbajajxxx

Mar 11, 2009
Toa Payoh
hi everyone, i'm new in photography world. there are several things i want to ask for taking landscape foto. usually i only use CPL or UV to take landscape foto, but now, i want to buy some new equipment. can anyone recommend me, what should i buy? in my mind, i want to buy, filter and tripod. can anyone recommend me, what kind of filter and tripod i should buy? remembering i'm just newbie, pilss don't recommend me with so expensive price. thx be4.

Go to the shops to try the tripods, get the one which is sturdy enough and yet you are sure you will be willing to carry around.

If price is an issue, save up some more, no point getting a cheap but unstable tripod which defeats the whole purpose.

hi me quite new oso. agree on getting a gd sturdy tripod. i got a free canon tripod when i bought my cam early this year. but it wasnt stable enough and in moderate wind i will have to hold with the other hand, tink it was more for the powershot A-, G- and SX-series. correct me if i'm wrong, there are some mid range tripod that is both sturdy and quite affordable for pple like me with a budget. of cuz these tripods will not hold a big body+big "artillery" lens. still looking for a nice tripod myself too. :)

Go to the shops to try the tripods, get the one which is sturdy enough and yet you are sure you will be willing to carry around.

If price is an issue, save up some more, no point getting a cheap but unstable tripod which defeats the whole purpose.

can u recommend me with brand of tripod i should buy?

hi everyone, i'm new in photography world. there are several things i want to ask for taking landscape foto. usually i only use CPL or UV to take landscape foto, but now, i want to buy some new equipment. can anyone recommend me, what should i buy? in my mind, i want to buy, filter and tripod. can anyone recommend me, what kind of filter and tripod i should buy? remembering i'm just newbie, pilss don't recommend me with so expensive price. thx be4.

I recommend reading up the various threads here:
Basic guidelines on selection of tripod and tripod head
and other websites about filter:
Choosing a Camera Lens Filter
If you don't know what to buy then that means you don't know why you need it. Itchy pocket? Better don't buy anything. Buy only what you really need. No point getting (sometimes expensive) filters just to notice you only use them 2x per year. Better check if you can rent / borrow a filter to see if this is what you need.

why not try manfrotto of gitzo if you have a few hundred bucks to spare;p

maybe i will consider manfrotto, but i will pass the gitzo. ehehehe....

btw, any filter i should buy beside UV and CPL?

I recommend reading up the various threads here:
Basic guidelines on selection of tripod and tripod head
and other websites about filter:
Choosing a Camera Lens Filter
If you don't know what to buy then that means you don't know why you need it. Itchy pocket? Better don't buy anything. Buy only what you really need. No point getting (sometimes expensive) filters just to notice you only use them 2x per year. Better check if you can rent / borrow a filter to see if this is what you need.

thx for the info. i think i will take manfrotto 190x pro n manfrotto ballhead 486cr2.

sounds like a classic case of

"oh hey, i got a lot of money to spend, i want to spend it"

if you don't know what to buy, chances are, you don't need it. or you need to read up more about photography to know what you need.

when i bought my sigma 10-20 lens, when i bought my tripod, when i bought my cable release, all these were done with a blazing desire that i needed them. and that should be the way, to purchase what you really need.

unless you really have a lot of money, then maybe, in that case, you can do some good and donate to charity. :)

otherwise, chances are, you are just accumulating a mountain of gear that you will use once a year, because you feel bad that you have it and didn't use it.

Last edited:
i agreed with night86mare.

dun jus buy blindly.....it looks good to hv tons of lens on the field, but how many do u actually use?

if u wan suggestions on the lens, y not tell us what u r using now?

i agreed with night86mare.

dun jus buy blindly.....it looks good to hv tons of lens on the field, but how many do u actually use?

if u wan suggestions on the lens, y not tell us what u r using now?

i think, for now, i won't buy lens because i think my 18-105VR is more than enough for taking landscape photo... :)

sounds like a classic case of

"oh hey, i got a lot of money to spend, i want to spend it"

if you don't know what to buy, chances are, you don't need it. or you need to read up more about photography to know what you need.

when i bought my sigma 10-20 lens, when i bought my tripod, when i bought my cable release, all these were done with a blazing desire that i needed them. and that should be the way, to purchase what you really need.

unless you really have a lot of money, then maybe, in that case, you can do some good and donate to charity. :)

otherwise, chances are, you are just accumulating a mountain of gear that you will use once a year, because you feel bad that you have it and didn't use it.

thx for the comment man... u open my eyes... i think, i go out for taking landscape some more for knowing what kind of filters should i buy next.

manfrotto is a good brand for tripod

landscape...u need wide angle lens then

Status
Not open for further replies.