Newbie using Canon PS S3IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlStanley

Jul 19, 2009
Hi there!

Just wanna say hi to everyone.

A couple of months back, I met some friends who are into photography and that's what sparked my wanting to get into photography as a hobby.

I don't have a DSLR yet, and am contemplating on getting the Canon EOS 500D. Still saving up for it. Currently using my S3IS and doing some practice shots and manual thingies with it.

I got a question... I have this Canon WC-DC58A wide converter. Been searching online but can't seem to find out how I can use filters with it?! Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hope to learn a lot in this community and meet friends along the way. :)

Cheers!

Earl

I thought the wide angle converter is for you to mount in front of your lens so you can get a wider view?
Does it have a threaded filter mount?

according to Amazon.com, "This lens requires Conversion Lens Adapter LAH-DC20."

I thought the wide angle converter is for you to mount in front of your lens so you can get a wider view?
Does it have a threaded filter mount?

Yes. That's correct. But the front of this converter lens has no thread where I can attach a filter on. I saw this Cokin Universal Ring P499 which might do the trick but I can't seem to find a shop to buy it from here in Singapore (before resorting to buying online).

according to Amazon.com, "This lens requires Conversion Lens Adapter LAH-DC20."

Yes. I have this adapter. I thought I could sandwich a filter between the adapter and my WA converter, but due to the design of the threaded side of the converter, it is not possible to do this sandwiching.

Though I can actually hold it manually while shooting, or perhaps make a simple contraption that I can attach to the converter and slide filters in,... I am still hoping to hear from those who've already figured out how to get around this ish.

Still searching online for solutions. I've come across guys using blue tack to attach filters to the converter. Easy and it works. :) Might resort to doing something like that. haha.

Thanks! :)

if you hold the filter in front, you might get vignetting.
I guess this lens was not meant to be paired with a filter.
Holding it in front is troublesome, especially if using a CPL and you have to hold the angle just so.
Holding it with blu-tack, double-tape, etc doesn't seem secure to me.

if you hold the filter in front, you might get vignetting.
I guess this lens was not meant to be paired with a filter.
Holding it in front is troublesome, especially if using a CPL and you have to hold the angle just so.
Holding it with blu-tack, double-tape, etc doesn't seem secure to me.

Thanks... Actually, that's what I thought, too... that that lens was not really meant to be paired with a filter.

Anyways, am hoping to be able to upgrade soon to an SLR... while waiting, will just practice with my precious S3. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.