Newbie to Nikkon D90 .

Kotaku

Jul 3, 2010
Hi there !
I've been interested in photography for a very long period of time . I've considered a number a DSLR and have narrowed it down to the Nikkon D90 and I'll be buying it after my O level examinations during november .

I'm really interested in areas like Night photography

My budget is 1.4-1.5k ... Please pardon me , but I'm aware that shops sell the D90 body inclusive of lenses and tripod , memory card etc etc .

I've recently came across the papers and this advert by Nikkon .
http://http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=216-59da66dafd

Is this a good deal (D90 Nikkon kit1)? even though the promotion will be over in November already ?

Can anybody reccomend me a reputable shop that offers the best prices ? It'll be best if u can quote a price for me .

I might also want to take up photography lessons , can anybody also reccomend me good school to learn photography from ?

I would like to sincerely thank you for your help ! :D

Hi there !
I've been interested in photography for a very long period of time . I've considered a number a DSLR and have narrowed it down to the Nikkon D90 and I'll be buying it after my O level examinations during november .

My budget is 1.4-1.5k ... Please pardon me , but I'm aware that shops sell the D90 body inclusive of lenses and tripod , memory card etc etc .

Is this a good deal (D90 Nikkon kit1)? even though the promotion will be over in November already ?

Can anybody reccomend me a reputable shop that offers the best prices ? It'll be best if u can quote a price for me .

I might also want to take up photography lessons , can anybody also reccomend me good school to learn photography from ?

Go to this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458315

Got all the prices of nikon stuff there plus there is a list of reputable shops at the bottom

Most shops don't offer the tripod a part of the d90 kit . A tripod is critical for night photography and I need the D90 kit with tripod any reccomendations ?

The tripod given isnt very stable. Best to get your own.

The tripod given isnt very stable. Best to get your own.

Any suggestions on a good tripod ? I was thinking that I bear with the tripod given until I manage to save up and get a good one . What do u think ?

bro, the Nikon Sales you don't see people buying there unless they don't do research on their pricing. The nikon sales prices were what i saw like 5 months ago price. Today, you can get a better price out there in those big name shops. By November, its even possible that the price drop to 1.3k+.

bro, the Nikon Sales you don't see people buying there unless they don't do research on their pricing. The nikon sales prices were what i saw like 5 months ago price. Today, you can get a better price out there in those big name shops. By November, its even possible that the price drop to 1.3k+.

are you talking about 1.3k for a kit set ? or the body only .
What are the big name shops that u mention ... do u have any present quotes ?
I've seen the Cathay photo website but I can't find anything about the D90 .

are you talking about 1.3k for a kit set ? or the body only .
What are the big name shops that u mention ... do u have any present quotes ?
I've seen the Cathay photo website but I can't find anything about the D90 .

You were provided a link to the PriceGuides section. Please read up, don't disregard the efforts of fellow members.

Any suggestions on a good tripod ? I was thinking that I bear with the tripod given until I manage to save up and get a good one . What do u think ?

The free tripod cannot make it. Get a better tripod. Should cost around 150-300 for a good basic one with ball head.

If you cannot afford the budget, get a cheaper camera. Or save longer before getting it.

Hi there !

Welcome to CS:)Your 1.5k budget inclusive of accessories or not?Cos after getting your camera,you might not have enough money to get other accessories like a good tripod,dry cabinet,extra mem card,cleaning kit,extra batt,etc...:sweat:

You can make a few phone calls to the shop on the list provided by members here.

I got a quote of $1470 from a shop for a D90 with kit lens about a month ago. It could be lesser now. The price quoted to me didn't include the freebies you see on the newspaper.

just a note, i spend another $200 on accessories after the kit because the bag and the tripod given was really bad..

just dont buy in lucky plaza you can bargain in funan or if you want you can buy at farer park look for the naranjan shop they sell very cheap

if you really having a budget problem just buy the body only then you look for a second hand lenses, if you buy camera with kit lense for sure sooner ot later you will buy another lenses for youre interest and besides you can get good condition and cheap secondhand lenses here at clubsnap

Hi

For learning purpose, buy D90 body only and Nikkor 50mm(1.8).

Lords at lucky plaza offer good price(Cheaper than average price). Now I think the name change to IPhoto.

Just would like to clarify , night photography will be my main interest however I'll pursue other aspects of photography too . I plan to take it as a hobby but I want to learn the ropes first so it's a easier and faster transition for me .

Some of the accessories are a MUST for me .

Tripod - I'm willing to settle for a lousy one first offered by the kits but I don't seem to see any kits offer tripod . However , I don't mind increasing my budget to get myself a good tripod , I don't really need a branded and very good tripod . But I feel that I just need a good and reliable one .

8GB Memory Card ( Don't think I'll need a spare one ) Because I can transfer my photos to my external hard drive .

Cleaning kit is a must too .

I've read articles on making your own dryboxes and I'm sure that I can make myself one " Homemade

As for the lenses I'm not very sure , mainly because I'm still green to photography and I don't mind settling for anything like the lenses provided by the kits .

My budget for this is only 1.5k , talking about kits .

What do you think .. ?

So , like what the other people here asking me to buy the body and accesories seperately

I don't mind getting the body and other accessories seperately but I'm still green . Can anbody here offer help as to the amount that I've to spent and what to buy etc ?
D90 body , tripod , memory card , cleaning kit , lenses is a must though .

I don't mind upping my budget to 1.6k for this option .

Thanks in advance !

Be careful of grey sets when the price is unbelievably low!

When something sounds too good, it is often too good to be true. (or somewhere along that line...)

Just would like to clarify , night photography will be my main interest however I'll pursue other aspects of photography too . I plan to take it as a hobby but I want to learn the ropes first so it's a easier and faster transition for me .

Some of the accessories are a MUST for me .

Tripod - I'm willing to settle for a lousy one first offered by the kits but I don't seem to see any kits offer tripod . However , I don't mind increasing my budget to get myself a good tripod , I don't really need a branded and very good tripod . But I feel that I just need a good and reliable one .

8GB Memory Card ( Don't think I'll need a spare one ) Because I can transfer my photos to my external hard drive .

Cleaning kit is a must too .

I've read articles on making your own dryboxes and I'm sure that I can make myself one " Homemade

As for the lenses I'm not very sure , mainly because I'm still green to photography and I don't mind settling for anything like the lenses provided by the kits .

My budget for this is only 1.5k , talking about kits .

What do you think .. ?

So , like what the other people here asking me to buy the body and accesories seperately

I don't mind getting the body and other accessories seperately but I'm still green . Can anbody here offer help as to the amount that I've to spent and what to buy etc ?
D90 body , tripod , memory card , cleaning kit , lenses is a must though .

I don't mind upping my budget to 1.6k for this option .

Thanks in advance !

D90-$1.4k(According to price guide)
Tripod-$100
Memory card-$50
Cleaning kit(Blower/Lenspen/etc...)-$30
50mm f1.8-This will exceed your $1.6k budget

Do note that some shops(SLRR/John/CP/OP/AP/etc...)might NOT offer you tripod/memory card.See the Nikon Price Guide for more info: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458315

Still have $20 to take a taxi home:D