Newbie to Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

WongCL

Dec 26, 2005
Upper Paya Lebar
Hi all,

I own a nikon coolpix 5700 but looking to step up to dSLR soon...currently considering Nikon D50 but dont quite like the kit lens...wondering if anyone know where to shop for best deals for camera and lenses...

any comments and help will be appreciated...thx

welcome to CS,why do you don't like the kit len?

WongCL said:
Hi all,

I own a nikon coolpix 5700 but looking to step up to dSLR soon...currently considering Nikon D50 but dont quite like the kit lens...wondering if anyone know where to shop for best deals for camera and lenses...

any comments and help will be appreciated...thx
For a start, u can refer to the Nikon Price Guide found in the Nikon subforum.

If what u want cannot be found in the price guide, u can call up the shops listed there for quotations :)

:cheers:

zaxh81 said:
welcome to CS,why do you don't like the kit len?

many reviews say it's not sharp...so i thot might as well get a good lens and stick with it until i m good enuf to try something else...

Well, reviews write what they want u to see. ;)

And dun look down on kit lenses. There are brudders here (myself inclusive) who done weddings using kit lenses. I had covered events with the 300D kit lens (which many considered it as a throw-away lens) as well as the Minolta 5D kit lens and still able to wow.

There's no point getting excellent glasses when u ain't able to appreciate the beauty of simple stuff. :) Stick with the kit lens (since it comes with it anyway) till u feel that u REQUIRE the constant aperture of good lenses (like 17-35 f/2.8, ehehehe) or u feel that ur skill has like gone 1-up kind of thing.

But if u have the money to throw, we ain't stopping u frm getting good lens (which many Nikon brudders have lotsa excellent suggestions). :)

Dun rely on reviews too much. How many times do u actually blow up ur pictures and print at 100% view? :)

i c...thx for your advice...i will prob keep the kit lens for a while...will upgrade when my skill improves...

hiz, me also new to the forum. Anyway i'm also considering the D50 but the D70s is also another consideration. KM 5D also is a gd start for DSLR

Welcome, me also newbie, used to own CP5700, then bought CP4600 now using CP S4. :D

espn said:
Welcome, me also newbie, used to own CP5700, then bought CP4600 now using CP S4. :D
U is 'old newbie' not counted. :bsmilie: :sticktong:

i called CP today...D50 selling at $1335 can pay by installment...MS selling at $1288 but installment + 5% extra = $1352.4...

me still thinking v hard to convince myself to buy D50...but hand damn itchy liao

WongCL said:
i called CP today...D50 selling at $1335 can pay by installment...MS selling at $1288 but installment + 5% extra = $1352.4...

me still thinking v hard to convince myself to buy D50...but hand damn itchy liao
Why think so hard? Just do it.

WongCL said:

just a little more and go for D70s....way much better...if not ask espn....
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.