Newbie Still Life shots :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Guess, this is the right category for my pics :)
I did the same post on Close-ups which most of them are for insects pics ;p

Well, here ya go...
1st
IMG_0218-6x4.jpg

2nd
IMG_0227-6x4.jpg

3rd
IMG_0219-6x4.jpg

4th
IMG_0196-6x4.jpg

5th
IMG_0190-6x4.jpg

Comments welcome :sweat:
Thanks for viewing :p

ST_sg said:
Guess, this is the right category for my pics :)
I did the same post on Close-ups which most of them are for insects pics ;p

Well, here ya go...:p

Cool, clear pic you have there. Perhaps I should try it with my G5 too.

Nice pics bro ..

Mind to teach me more ?

nice pics.
just some pointers which may help to enhance your shots...

1st pic may be nicer if there is more water droplets on the can itself. gives a more cool feeling. think beer ads. :)

my 2 cents

antere said:
nice pics.
just some pointers which may help to enhance your shots...

1st pic may be nicer if there is more water droplets on the can itself. gives a more cool feeling. think beer ads. :)

my 2 cents

Guys, thanks for your valuable comments. Yup, should make the can more condensation look... Above was my first try, no experience,.. and the can was took out from the refrigerator, and you can judge that how long I spend on the shooting till condensation... ;p

Bro arowana, nothing fency setup and no secret lah. Natural Day light shin in from my room window, use a piece of A4 paper as background place on the floor and wall corner, so you'll have 45degree white background to avoid a sharp horizontal line at background, position the G5 close to the subject, set to macro mode, aperture-priority, adjust aperture size with the command dial to f-2.5, self-timer 2sec, level my G5 with my wallet, press the shutter and go.

I also use Photoshop to adjust histogram to make it brighter lor ;p

Cheers!
ST.

Great pictures. But to nitpick, photo 1 abit slanted leh, also photo 4 will look much better if you make sure the cd is clean. The dirt in the center is bugging me. Still great pictures and i really just nitpicking.

Oh.. the 1st shot was due to levelling my G5 with my wallet.. that's why.. argh..
I did use photoshop to adjust, however still not 90degree vertical straight, unless I got to give it 2nd try (lazy lah) :cry:

Ya. I know that I'm going to spray some water to create water droplets on it, that's why I get a old CD, its Creative Nomad 1. You know how old it is :bsmilie:

Next time, must give more thought on preparation and setup :sweat: :sweat:

ST_sg said:
Oh.. the 1st shot was due to levelling my G5 with my wallet.. that's why.. argh..
I did use photoshop to adjust, however still not 90degree vertical straight, unless I got to give it 2nd try (lazy lah) :cry:

Ya. I know that I'm going to spray some water to create water droplets on it, that's why I get a old CD, its Creative Nomad 1. You know how old it is :bsmilie:

Next time, must give more thought on preparation and setup :sweat: :sweat:

Good bro , Thanks for the advice..will really give it a try ..

Hm..nice shots, but where did you got that white background?

Nice :thumbsup:
The feeling is there on the 4th foto :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.