Not open for further replies.

superfly

Feb 12, 2006
Jurong West
Hello all!
Newbie here and my first try with night shot. Comments pls... :sweat:

600704nightscene-2.jpg

test shot at home? :)
perhaps u could should another area. seems to me like many things cramped into the pic, but thats might be just me. others might have diff opinion

other than that, the exposure is fine with me.

posting the title "newbie shot" does not help. a title should in someway reflect what is the massage the photog wants to convey for that shot.

Zaknafein said:
test shot at home? :)

Yeah... ;p Just want to try out the features of my new cam and did a few test shots (long exposure). What I wanted to know is if the expoure and colors are ok.

Point noted about the cramped picture. I had a very narrow angle to shoot from where I was....

Thanks for viewing!

Hi superfly,

The exposure for the pic to me is ok but I find the pic a bit orangy on my monitor which makes me wonder what white balance are you using. Most probably it is on auto. Maybe try some of the other wb to see how the picture will turn out.

denniskee said:
posting the title "newbie shot" does not help. a title should in someway reflect what is the massage the photog wants to convey for that shot.

I wanted to capture a "high rise" night view of my estate and at the same time, show how the top of the buildings seem to be in line with each other, forming sort of a skyline.

Can't think of a proper title for this... :dunno:

Thanks for the advise.

eng_keow said:
Hi superfly,

The exposure for the pic to me is ok but I find the pic a bit orangy on my monitor which makes me wonder what white balance are you using. Most probably it is on auto. Maybe try some of the other wb to see how the picture will turn out.

You are right, I used Auto WB. It was more orangey/yellowish before this and I used PS curves to balance it a little.

Will take your advice and play with the WB. Thanks!

philliptan said:
Exposure seems too long, that's why you're getting the orange ambient lighting. Also try bumping up the contrast
Wah! The master has spoken. Long exposure. In fact, 25 secs. (from the EXIF)

Canew said:
Wah! The master has spoken. Long exposure. In fact, 25 secs. (from the EXIF)

Yes, it wasn't supposed to be but it automatically switched to 25 secs...

For a while, I tot my cam hung :bsmilie:

Sorry ar, newbie...;p

superfly said:
Yes, it wasn't supposed to be but it automatically switched to 25 secs...

For a while, I tot my cam hung :bsmilie:

Sorry ar, newbie...;p
No worries, we are all learning, aren't we? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.