Newbie shot of food

aimakan

Jul 1, 2011

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

composition and exposure.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

able to tempt one to eat this dish

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

nil.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I love how brightly lit the surrounding is, making the caviar and prawns look really crisp and delicious. I hope it appeals to you as well.

Thank you for all feedbacks :)

http://aimakan.wordpress.com
Hazel

Hi Hazel,

My personal view is that the picture is about 1/3 to half a stop underexposed and thus not giving out the "pleasant" feel of wanting to try the dish.

You might wish to post process the picture to give the image a brighter boost b plaing around with curves.

Also, you should try out different composition... Such as a closer view to focus on say a section of the dish. Since u are trying out on shooting food, take note of small details like the caviar appearing to be sliding off its position will affect the outcome of the picture...

Cheers and happy shooting,

Daniel

Jun 12, 2010
Hi TS. I used your photo to do some enhancement. not sure if it seems better to the rest, but to me, it seems much better with a little color enhancement and cropping. do let me know once you've viewed it. i will delete away :)

aimakan

Jul 1, 2011
nice, thank you :)
this was not edited so i guess i definitely need to learn how to photoshop for better photos.

aimakan said:
nice, thank you :)
this was not edited so i guess i definitely need to learn how to photoshop for better photos.
TS, u should learn to understand how lightings (natural and artificial) affect your picture output. Post processing should not the means to getting the best picture output. That way, you will appreciate still photography better.

hairyice

Nov 21, 2011
Tasty! But a little pumping on the vibrancy would do the trick. :)

Top Bottom