Newbie shot - Comments and critiques needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
DSCF0108.jpg

Comments and critiques please .. Picture was taken in Malaysia, Ipoh at my aunt's house. Cat apparently belonged to my nephew (im not taht old .. :embrass: )

I had lots of trouble taking her pics.. She was always moving around and not home and this was a rare chance .

Pic taken using Fujifilm Compact S5500 Finepix . Cant remember the settings

DSCF0108.jpg

Comments and critiques please .. Picture was taken in Malaysia, Ipoh at my aunt's house. Cat apparently belonged to my nephew (im not taht old .. :embrass: )

I had lots of trouble taking her pics.. She was always moving around and not home and this was a rare chance .

Pic taken using Fujifilm Compact S5500 Finepix . Cant remember the settings

hmmm technically i'm not inclined to commenting on animals. Raptor would be a good person to ask.

But from what i see here. The focus is really quite off. looks pretty much like a snapshot then a properly composed photo.

I kinda agree with the rest . You made it seem liek the cat is dead rather than sleeping peacefully. If you camera has a macro mode use it next time when you want to get really up close to the cat. I find its ok if you crop the ears if BOTH are cropped and it makes you pay attention to the eyes more but as her eyes seem half open it doesent feel like a centre of interest either.

I kinda agree with the rest . You made it seem liek the cat is dead rather than sleeping peacefully. If you camera has a macro mode use it next time when you want to get really up close to the cat. I find its ok if you crop the ears if BOTH are cropped and it makes you pay attention to the eyes more but as her eyes seem half open it doesent feel like a centre of interest either.

look like just kena wallop and lying on the ground injured...

Most of the time, the first thing I look for is the eyes of the animal. If its not in focus, the impact is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.