Choa Chu Kang, Singapore, Sing
Comments are welcome...

DSC_3639.jpg

DSC_3617.jpg

DSC_3581.jpg

DSC_3561.jpg

DSC_3554.jpg

Last edited:
I like your composition. Observe the depth-of-field; if your equipment permits, stop down the aperture to control the sharpness you like, and how much of the background to blur.

1 comment here... Out Of Focus on 1st photo...

Like James mentioned, you have good eye for composition.
Work on sharpness, either try using tripod or use higher shutter speed.

thanks for the comments guys

I was using f8 aperture and minimum 1/100 on my afs VR 55-200mm dx vr

shall i stop down some more for better sharpness? i was afraid if i stop down to f11 or f12 i might lose the blur on the background

thanks for the comments guys

1 comment here... Out Of Focus on 1st photo...

yep i know i missed that one on my live view screen it looked sharp next time ill check the sharpness
that would have been my favorite opf the bunch had it been sharp hmmmm next time...

Last edited:
It got mood for the chinese new year :)

yep i know i missed that one on my live view screen it looked sharp next time ill check the sharpness
that would have been my favorite opf the bunch had it been sharp hmmmm next time...

I agree with you, if it was sharp it'd have been my fav too :)

Keep practicing, try to shoot a few shot next time, at least if you take 10 of them, you'll get at least 1 right eventually, keep shooting :)

PS: you got another chance of shooting flower... go for the flower festival @ Sentosa this coming CNY...

I agree with you, if it was sharp it'd have been my fav too :)

Keep practicing, try to shoot a few shot next time, at least if you take 10 of them, you'll get at least 1 right eventually, keep shooting :)

PS: you got another chance of shooting flower... go for the flower festival @ Sentosa this coming CNY...

yep marked it on my calendar already see ya there

is my favourably flo.....NICE shot :thumbsup:
Keep shooting and improve in composition needed.
Thanks for sharing

Lovely collection with beautiful colours and good composition. #9 stands out well for me. Plenty of tonal range and nice and sharp.:thumbsup:
Thanks for posting

Very nice shots for a newbie. Only #5 and maybe #9, #10 are sharp. Others are some camera shake.
#7 could be great if the depth of field is increased so that the dragonfly is also in focus.

Shoot more and have fun!

Lovely collection with beautiful colours and good composition. #9 stands out well for me. Plenty of tonal range and nice and sharp.:thumbsup:
Thanks for posting

thank you for your very encouraging words it gives a newbie like me more inspiration to do better

Very nice shots for a newbie. Only #5 and maybe #9, #10 are sharp. Others are some camera shake.
#7 could be great if the depth of field is increased so that the dragonfly is also in focus.

Shoot more and have fun!

thanks will try to make shots sharper next time by the way does a monopod really help?

thanks will try to make shots sharper next time by the way does a monopod really help?

I haven't used one myself. Haven't heard of ppl using it for macro too. You can ask this in the Macro sub-forum.