Newbie saying Hi Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanadium

Aug 16, 2006
Farrer Park
Hi Hi :)

This is my 1st post... & I'm really amazed how active this forum is :thumbsup:
After weeks of browsing thru' this forum in search of valuable information on which camera to buy, I finally took the plunge in buying my 1st dslr yesterday.
I'm now a proud (hehe... hopefully) owner of a Nikon D80 which I got from Comex.
This gadget is still very new to me, looks complicated somewhat... some many buttons/dials here & there :bigeyes:

Anyway, will stick around & hope to learn a thing or two from all the shifus here. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers!:)

good choice of camera. you are fortunate enough to have the budget for the D80! now you will need to get a dry box or cabinet to keep the equipment and perhaps more $$$ for better lens , 50mm prime is a good start. and perhaps a flash. SB600.

i just gotten my 400D over at comex too. if not for budget constrain i would have jumped to nikon D80 also. :D

vanadium said:

After weeks of browsing thru' this forum in search of valuable information on which camera to buy, I finally took the plunge in buying my 1st dslr yesterday.
I'm now a proud (hehe... hopefully) owner of a Nikon D80 which I got from Comex.
This gadget is still very new to me, looks complicated somewhat... some many buttons/dials here & there :bigeyes:

Anyway, will stick around & hope to learn a thing or two from all the shifus here. Many thanks in advance.

Good start there,did you get with the kit lens?
And also welcome to CS.

Welcome to CS.

Remember to share your experiences at the Nikon subforum too. :)

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome & advice.
Yes, I got the D80 with kit lens. Will hope to add more lens & stuff like flash etc. soon when budget permits.
Was reading a tread discussion earlier on 50mm f1.4 & f1.8, maybe that will be next.

For now, I'm still figuring out how this thing works.

Really want to learn more about photography from fellow forumers here.

Cheers! :)

vanadium said:

good chioce on the D80.. was waiting to get my hands on it soon.. shoot more, post more.. :thumbsup:

Welcome! Welcome! Enjoy your stay here.

Welcome, I'm also a newbie, 2+ months old only :)

Welcome...

do try out the 50mm f1.8. Really good for value piece of glass. :thumbsup:

Welcome to CS and the dark side

You can start by using the P mode first
do remember to post your pictures

Thanks again for the warm welcome.:)

Have not really gone shooting yet, hopefully can shoot something nice this weekend.

Ya, am looking around for the 50mm f/1.8, but seems like everywhere no stock :(

If any of you know where I can get hold of one, pls let me know.

Many thanks in advance!!:D

vanadium said:
Thanks again for the warm welcome.:)

Have not really gone shooting yet, hopefully can shoot something nice this weekend.

Ya, am looking around for the 50mm f/1.8, but seems like everywhere no stock :(

If any of you know where I can get hold of one, pls let me know.

Many thanks in advance!!:D

B&S section, TCW (I saw at least 10 of them there!), John 3:16 (got 2 i think), Cathay (I think I saw 1 or 2)...

Best is still B&S section though, you don't need the warranty and its cheaper by at least $30.

Thanks to panzerpunk's lead, I got my 50mm f/1.8 today. Good lens :thumbsup:

:)

Welcome to CS.....enjoy your stay here.:D

Good choice of camera. Now........ go shoot us some photos!!!

Happy shooting.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.