Newbie saying 'hello'!

MacXzerO

Sep 12, 2010
Hi everyone,:)

i'm completely new to Photography. In the past, photography to me was like holding a P&S camera or a camera phone snapping away happily when i'm on outings with family or friends.
Until abt a week ago that i chanced upon ClubSNAP when i was actually browsing the web for my toy collection.

When i saw the photos on some of the senior's blogs and those in the gallery, i was like 'WOW'........and i was imaging the kind of feelings the photographer must have felt;.......wonderful! It was a form of art to me.

The more i read, the more i get hooked....lol, evil:devil:. and there you go....i have a new found love other than my wife, son and toys.........it's photography. And i bought a Sony A33with the SAL 18-250 lens (promotion price at S$500, original S$899, tot was a good deal as a layman's view) to start off my photography journey....

Will be spending hell lots of time reading and picking up from here. Looking forward to the next newbie outing and start learning the ropes from all the seniors and fellow newbies as well. Meanwhile, i'm trying to pass the 'virus' to my wife and hopefully, can get her into this new hobby in the near furture. Then i no need to find excuses for future investments/purchases...haha!:devil::bsmilie:

Lastly, thanks and cheers to the ppl who have maintained and contributed to this forum.....great job!

Welcome to CS.

Congrats on your purchase. The A33 is an excellent camera.

I encourage you to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photography/10-top-photography-composition-rules
http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

More topics covered here:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Last edited:
Welcome:)

welcome to the club....

no la, don't get ur wife involved... later end up nobody at home cook, wash dishes, clean the house...

try getting ur children interested instead... LOL~!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Welcome to CS
enjoy your stay here!

Warm welcome to CS!

No need to poison her so soon. Do get her more involved though, like taking more pics of her etc ;)

Have fun with your new gear and enjoy your learning curve!

welcome to CS . . . :)

nice to get your wife to be involved in the new toy . . . my wife is into photography together with me . . .

then you won't have problem buying new lens or upgrade . . . :bsmilie:

And i bought a Sony A33with the SAL 18-250 lens (promotion price at S$500, original S$899, tot was a good deal as a layman's view) to start off my photography journey....

Hi, may I know which promotion was this?

Thanks to everyone for the warmth welcome!

Daredevil123, appreciated the links to help me started. Credits to Sulhan for compiling the photography notes.

Haha....enzeru21, my son too young, just 5yrs old.

Hey weegk, exactly my intention to get her involved. No need to face 'music' if she's involved.....tho unlikely;)

freerein,

i bought it at Sony Style IMM. not sure which promotion exactly. in fact they did not display any promotion for this. My original intention was to get the kit lens (think it's the 18-55) but out of stock. Then the sales told me there's a promo to get the 18-250 only with purchase of the SLT A33. So i got it.:)

Thanks to everyone for the warmth welcome!

Daredevil123, appreciated the links to help me started. Credits to Sulhan for compiling the photography notes.

Haha....enzeru21, my son too young, just 5yrs old.

Hey weegk, exactly my intention to get her involved. No need to face 'music' if she's involved.....tho unlikely;)

Welcome to CS.

5 years old is a good time to get started. Start with toy camera and if their interest gets perk up then can slowly introduce proper pns. :cool:

Lol hotwork77......in fact he does know how to take photos when he's abt 4 but using camera phone. Sometimes when we went outing, will asked him to take photos for me and my wife. and i would say......not bad:thumbsup:

Lol hotwork77......in fact he does know how to take photos when he's abt 4 but using camera phone. Sometimes when we went outing, will asked him to take photos for me and my wife. and i would say......not bad:thumbsup:

Cool.. Congra you got a bight child.. ^^

Welcome to CS

Enjoy your stay here.. ^^

Welcome and have lots of fun with your new toys!!!

If wifey is holding the cheque book, defintely must get her interested! :D

As for your 5-yr-old, it will be good to start young! sure beat those kids playing with parent's iphone... :D