Newbie Reporting

Doraemarc

Jan 21, 2011
Hi guys!!!!! New to photography n hope to learn as much as I can from u guys! Juz bought my first DSLR: Canon 550D.

First question as a Newbie: do i need remove e lens from body when I store them in e dri-box? Cos i wonder frequent removal of lens will spoil e tracks or not, as like most mechanical parts.

Thanks!!!!!

welcome to cs :)

to ans ur qns, well it's up to ur preference, unless ur dry cabi doesnt have enuf space to store dslr + lens attached. my father done that in the past with his film camera and the mount is still in gd condition now. cameras arent tofu to begin with in the first place.

The lens mount will outlast you in all likelihood! :D

worry less, shoot more.

dont bother to remove.. like you say, constant movement will wear out anything. and by removing,the sensors and back elements of the lenses has a higher chance of exposure to dust.

Welcome to cs :)
Agree on not removing the lens unless you have not enough space to store them attached.. but its still your preference tho :D
Just my 2 cents

Hi guys!!!!! New to photography n hope to learn as much as I can from u guys! Juz bought my first DSLR: Canon 550D.

First question as a Newbie: do i need remove e lens from body when I store them in e dri-box? Cos i wonder frequent removal of lens will spoil e tracks or not, as like most mechanical parts.

Thanks!!!!!

I reccommend that you do not remove it.
It reduce the likelyhood of dust going into the
camera body and your lens.

_______
Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |

Thanks guys!! Can't wait to put it to first use!! :)

Hi I m a Newbie in photography too. I will get my 550D this weekend..

Hi there, welcome!

No need remove when storage. If you prefer due to space constraint or otherwise, go ahead. Personal choice. :)

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)