Newbie Reporting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffie

Jul 26, 2008
Hi all~ My name is Kelvin and decided to do a short intro post after weeks of observing and researching here like some silly voyuer.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a DSLR since late last year after spoting a frend of mine using a Canon 500D and got to know from him of the relative cheaper price tags attached these days as well. And so i surfed around for more information, glad i manage to bump into CS~

From knowing nuts to starting to see some light after reading through all the guide and surfing the forum, its been a great experience and really wana thank you guys for the informative threads/stickies and inspirational pics!

So here I am, finally gonna take my first brave step and buy my first dSLR later this evening...

Hi Friend

Welcome to the club.Enjoy you new dslr camara and happy shooting:)

Thanks~ I would definitely be reading the manual.... =D Haven gotten hold of it yet... gonna make a trip down to funan later after work with my girlfriend.... ;)

Buy Buy Buy.. just dun get too addicted :devil:
Btw, welcome :D

Thanks all for your friendly advices! So I am trying to poison my gf as well~ to make my future endeavor a smoother sailing one....:cool:

Haven really think of an area to practice photography on, probably just gonna shoot on anything that comes along my way and get some inspiration from the forum....

Haven really think of an area to practice photography on, probably just gonna shoot on anything that comes along my way and get some inspiration from the forum....

not so difficult what...the person standing next to you??;) she can be your model of the day, then slowly poison her to dip her pockets and buy DSLR too:sticktong

not so difficult what...the person standing next to you??;) she can be your model of the day, then slowly poison her to dip her pockets and buy DSLR too:sticktong

Thats what she is thinking also.... to her Dslr means pretty pictures..... oh boy.......I need to deliver....

Thats what she is thinking also.... to her Dslr means pretty pictures..... oh boy.......I need to deliver....
Hope the both of u had fun w/ ur new toy ! ;)

Back with me new toy..... a Red Hot Pentax K-X ! :devil::devil::devil:

welcome to the pentax family. You have made a great choice. You can consider joining the monthly Pentax outing (just pop by the pentax forum)where you can learn alot about photography from the seniors.

welcome to the pretty world of DSLR~ :thumbsup:

welcome to the pentax family. You have made a great choice. You can consider joining the monthly Pentax outing (just pop by the pentax forum)where you can learn alot about photography from the seniors.

Thanks! But for now I guess I am still in the stage of I dont know what I dont know yet... haaa :embrass: Will consider joining once I am confident I can strike up fruitful conversations with the seniors ba~

congrats on your purchase! :)
It's a very good camera you've got there. I trust you got a good price for it.

Before you think about what to get next, make sure you understand your camera well, and also understand photography basics (metering, exposure, white balance, etc).
When you've found what it is you want to shoot, and your present equipment cannot get it, then you look for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.