Newbie reporting! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaoteh

May 5, 2009
Hi everybody, i just got my d90 last week, and went around to play with the camera today morning, took many shots but mostly were just testing the settings, i've decided to post up one of the photos to get some comments from u all... :bsmilie:

CSC_0128.JPG

this photo was taken @ 11am, ISO L1.0 (ISO 100 equiv.), 18mm, 1/1000s, f/22, manual mode.

hmm... just another question, how to make the sky looks more blue? :think:

Any C&C are welcomed! still in the process of learning... :D

Last edited:
Hello...welcome.

Do post your pictures in the Critiques Corner if you want others to comment on your pictures.

Get a polarizer. It acts like a sunglasses for the lens and will bring out the blue of the sky. If you can throw some flash onto the statue, it would be good. The statue is too underexpose to see the details...

and btw, welcome and keep shooting!! :)

Hello...welcome.

Do post your pictures in the Critiques Corner if you want others to comment on your pictures.

thanks! not too sure whether i can post in C&C section, coz i havent even set a title for the photo! :bsmilie:

Hi miaoteh, welcome to CS! :)

thanks! =)

Get a polarizer. It acts like a sunglasses for the lens and will bring out the blue of the sky. If you can throw some flash onto the statue, it would be good. The statue is too underexpose to see the details...

oh thx for your comment! guess gonna invest in a polariser soon, i like blue sky!!:lovegrin:, ya the statue is underexposed.... but then just another question, i was using the lowest ISO and smallest aperture, and a shutter speed of 1/1000 stilll needed to achieve the desired exposure, can i still use flash with 1/1000 shutter speed? the flash sync is is 1/250 if i remembered correctly, or is there other way to use flash at 1/1000 shutter speed?

ps ah still new here... :sweatsm:

Hi! Welcome to CS!;)

Hi, Welcome.....

hi mate.

polariser is a good investment. or how abt a Lee System? you can use many different filters to experiment!

Cheers!

High speed sync using an external speedlight? Don't think the buildin flash on your camera's enough to fill in this situation. The sun's probably too strong at that moment, judging from its position in the sky.

but then just another question, i was using the lowest ISO and smallest aperture, and a shutter speed of 1/1000 stilll needed to achieve the desired exposure, can i still use flash with 1/1000 shutter speed? the flash sync is is 1/250 if i remembered correctly, or is there other way to use flash at 1/1000 shutter speed?

ps ah still new here... :sweatsm:

High speed sync using an external speedlight? Don't think the buildin flash on your camera's enough to fill in this situation. The sun's probably too strong at that moment, judging from its position in the sky.

ya the shot was taken at 11am.... and it was VERY VERY HOT.... :sweat:

Welcome to CS

A blue sky is best early in the morning. Abt 8-9am. Also a CPL may also help. ;)

Welcome to CS

A blue sky is best early in the morning. Abt 8-9am. Also a CPL may also help. ;)

ya i realised tat too... but at 8-9am the sun wont be at tat position.. :think:

i'm now waiting for a day with clear blue sky at ard 11am, then i'll go down and shoot again and compare the results, have been waiting for a few days... :cry:

Welcome to CS... keep carry on do more practice...:cheers:

welcome.. post more and shoot more.. the silhouette doesn't come across as anything. This picture seems meaningless to me..

thanks for all the warm welcome! ;)

welcome.. post more and shoot more.. the silhouette doesn't come across as anything. This picture seems meaningless to me..

thanks! ya i also agree it is quite meaningless.. i was just testing and playing with the settings :bsmilie:

went out to shoot an outdoor concert yesterday night, posted here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520065

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

hi mate.

polariser is a good investment. or how abt a Lee System? you can use many different filters to experiment!

Cheers!

hmmm.. just for discussion and clarification. Will a polarizer work in this case as we are shooting directly into the sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.