newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehuis

Mar 10, 2003
everton park
Visit site
eh...
just wondering how to post photo such that it comes out on teh thread and not a link coz first time i posting anything without a stamp and envelop!

totally not in the know abt internet stuff. just attempted to post one photo up, hope that it works
could anyone pls respond and tell me how to post photos here or other parts of teh forum for that matter
many thks

You have to have a site that supports picture linking. I use pic.paulsonator.com.
Its free but sometimes there are bandwidth problems.
Put your picture there and note down the link info.
Then when you create your post, you press on the IMG button and put the link in between the
tags and thats it

Depending on the photo host that you choose, there'll be different ways of uploading your pictures onto the server. Some will require FTP, others will go through your web browser.

To post your images, use the IMG tag in your message, like this:
url]

In the above example, your image is located at http://www.yourserver.com/youraccount/image001.jpg

For the benefit of 56k users, please make sure your image meets the following:

No bigger than 700 pixels on the longest end or smaller. You can use almost any imaging program for this.
Use the "Resize" option to do this, select "pixels" (rather than cm or in), and type in "700" on the longest end or smaller.
Be sure that the "Keep Aspect Ratio" or similar option is checked.

Compression no better than level 6 compression in PhotoShop, level 60 for most other imaging programs (eg. ACDSee).

courtesy of the faq provided.

regards

hey guys..
thks for the advise.. got myself a space on sony image station but figuring out how to upload the photos and which link to paste so if anyone using that can advise, that be helpful thks

Originally posted by dehuis
hey guys..
thks for the advise.. got myself a space on sony image station but figuring out how to upload the photos and which link to paste so if anyone using that can advise, that be helpful thks

But Sony doesn't support outside links... :dunno:

ok..
does that mean i can't use it? any other websites that i can use? something easy and idiot proof, not too chim.. someone suggested deviantart (thks) but i went there and did not really like the layout of that place. any other places that i can put up photos and link up here?
all the regular users or pple with online albums can pls advise.. thks. need something idiot proof=)

actually deviantart has stated that they will ban any users that uses their site as storage and external linking

i wouldnt suggest using deviantart really...
then again lol just hope you're lucky and they never find you out? :)

hahah managed to dig out this odl thread huh eskie.
well i guess might be helpful to newbies who want to post their photos..
anyway have been using sony image station and they do alloow ext linking. no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.