Newbie question on video taking with DSLR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyymanz

Jun 25, 2009
Hi all,

By using DSLR to take HD video, u expose the sensor for a long time. If let's say take those fireworks video of those very bright video, will it shorten the life span of the sensor and hence shorten the life span of the camera?

Thanks.

If that so, what do you think why the camera manufacturer dare to implemented video taking on DSLR and sell it to market and later have to do mass repair?

For sure they had done the R&D and testing prior to that.

Last edited:
If that so, what do you think why the camera manufacturer dare to implemented video taking on DSLR and sell it to market and later have to do mass repair?

For sure they had done the R&D and testing prior to that.

Nope. They put in in there as a gimmick, as a feature to attract buyers. The sensors get very hot, which is why there's a limit to how long it will let you video.

DSLR makers that implement video are betting on you upgrading your body before the sensor gets damaged; by that time, warranty is over, to no "mass repair".

If you really want to do video, get a proper video camera.

Nope. They put in in there as a gimmick, as a feature to attract buyers. The sensors get very hot, which is why there's a limit to how long it will let you video.

DSLR makers that implement video are betting on you upgrading your body before the sensor gets damaged; by that time, warranty is over, to no "mass repair".

If you really want to do video, get a proper video camera.

Apparently that does not go along with the facts many pro VGs are getting DSLR to shoot commercial adv, short movies, etc.

And there is no damaged sensor case is reported

Apparently that does not go along with the facts many pro VGs are getting DSLR to shoot commercial adv, short movies, etc.

And there is no damaged sensor case is reported

Because they are shut down after the overheating worries. And with slow/no af in video mode, poor audio and the rolling shutter effect, it's just hype. Most pros that I know use a real video cam.

hmmmm...... i just get myself a box that can be tighten and bought those hippo thingy, the one that u use to get rid of himdity in your closet.

no frills

hmmmm...... i just get myself a box that can be tighten and bought those hippo thingy, the one that u use to get rid of himdity in your closet.

no frills

No frills and no sense. Your answer has ZERO to do with the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.