Newbie question on tripod....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DumbDoDo

Jan 25, 2006
Do Do land
Happy Valentine to all CSers ! !

I have a newbie question to clarify with all the seniors.

Was at the Esplanade Bridge taking fireworks photos. As your know, the bridge was lined with tripods taking photos of fireworks. I was so careful when walking on the bridge so as not to knock over any tripod and camera.

My question is: I am thinking of using those luminous tape, i.e. those commonly use on motorcycles, to tape on my tripod. Thus, in the dark, the luminous tape is visible to anyone walking pass and hopefully not to trip onto it.

Can this be done? Will the tape damage the tripod?

Thank you. :)

I've had idiots tripping over my tripod in bright daylight, what makes you think those luminous tapes will help ? :lovegrin:

Try use tripod like my #3 tripod, shouldn't be any problem.

13771DSC_6027.jpg

DumbDoDo said:
Happy Valentine to all CSers ! !

I have a newbie question to clarify with all the seniors.

Was at the Esplanade Bridge taking fireworks photos. As your know, the bridge was lined with tripods taking photos of fireworks. I was so careful when walking on the bridge so as not to knock over any tripod and camera.

My question is: I am thinking of using those luminous tape, i.e. those commonly use on motorcycles, to tape on my tripod. Thus, in the dark, the luminous tape is visible to anyone walking pass and hopefully not to trip onto it.

Can this be done? Will the tape damage the tripod?

Thank you. :)

I was one of the people who stood there last sat n sun. There was once someone tripped on my tripod leg but luckily it only moved very little as i've a gd tripod to keep it steady. I don't think putting anything luminous will help as there's too many people walking to n fro.

catchlights said:
Try use tripod like my #3 tripod, shouldn't be any problem.

13771DSC_6027.jpg

Wah... this one so huge. Think who ever kick it, the toes will swell. :devil:

ortega said:
just stand behind your tripod and block ppl from kicking your tripod.

That's what i did but not much of a use...maybe my tripod's legs are too long or something.

u go police parking lot and coupe their siren and strap it to ur tripod can liao, it help to stabilize too:thumbsup:

roti_prata said:
u go police parking lot and coupe their siren and strap it to ur tripod can liao, it help to stabilize too:thumbsup:

Wahaha...at the same time turn it on...somemore can warn people from a distance :bsmilie:

roti_prata said:

watch out 4 flare! :devil:

try wrapping up your tripod in police tape...:devil:

Just wondering.... after shooting fireworks, when you decide to try your luck at wildlife and dun you think the luminous tapes will make your presence known? sticking and stripping tape is not to my liking.... I prefer to think that when people kick my tripod, their legs get hurt more than my tripod... :bsmilie:

Best solution: place a police barrier tape 5 ft away. Draw a chalk mark of a human figure. Then, spill some cherry Coke or Mountain Dew Red Alert. Make it looks like a murder crime scene and you are taking evidence photos for CSI.

Destroying police evidence is a chargeable offence.

Once I was taking fireworks pics with my tripod and old PnS camera. Odd combination I know.

Then there's this little boy standing next to me, along the railing, very very very very close to my tripod. And more than a couple of pics came out shaky. :(

Use your body and bag to shield your tripod. :sweat:

idor said:
Just wondering.... after shooting fireworks, when you decide to try your luck at wildlife and dun you think the luminous tapes will make your presence known? sticking and stripping tape is not to my liking.... I prefer to think that when people kick my tripod, their legs get hurt more than my tripod... :bsmilie:
Pro comment la!! :thumbsup:

idor said:

Ha ha..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Thanks for all the constructive comments, enjoyed all the "police strategy".

Idor has a point there, will think carefully about putting tape on my tripod. Thanks.

redstone said:
Once I was taking fireworks pics with my tripod and old PnS camera. Odd combination I know.

Then there's this little boy standing next to me, along the railing, very very very very close to my tripod. And more than a couple of pics came out shaky. :(

Use your body and bag to shield your tripod. :sweat:

There's nothing wrong with taking fireworks with a PnS cam. I did that last year during the NDP preview and some shots were very gd, though not all as the others are overexposed.

That's the bad thing when shooting with tripods, people standing so close until they can nearly bump the tripod. I have this experience nearly everytime i use it so sometimes i kindly ask them to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.