newbie question on flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

kktan88

Apr 25, 2006
1) what is that white rectangular "cap" that you use to put over your external flash. mostly used on day time... when shooting. is it called diffuser??

2) i have a sb600. and there is similiar lid - glass color( comes with sb600) that i can pull out on top of flash to cover the flash.. is it the same??

both same function. keen to learn.. anyone can help??

yes.. that is it.

but what is the glass lid that can be pulled out from the top of sb600 flash head??

Omni Bounce actually gives you a wider angle of lights and produce softer effect than using the diffuse screen.

That small plastic that u can pull out is for close range shots and your flash is very much in the forward pointing position. it does diffuse the flash abit if u use it for shots not that near, 4-6m away it give similiar effect as those diffuser cap but not as good but somewhere near lah

1) what is that white rectangular "cap" that you use to put over your external flash. mostly used on day time... when shooting. is it called diffuser??

to be best used in a room with ceiling and walls to bounce on

see how it works

1)2) i have a sb600. and there is similiar lid - glass color( comes with sb600) that i can pull out on top of flash to cover the flash.. is it the same??

both same function. keen to learn.. anyone can help??

wah this one must RTFM but basically it is for wider flash coverage

screen protector!
:p
kidding.

you could read the manual (can download one) if u are not sure. Search around and you'll find the answers.

thanks guys,,

where can i buy a stofen or omni diffuser??

and abt how much??

thanks guys,,

where can i buy a stofen or omni diffuser??

and abt how much??

Check at CP

IIRC $30 for a piece of plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.