Newbie question on blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

angtc11

Jul 21, 2009
Hi
I bought a blower today which costs me $18. When I brought home I realized its slightly different from the one that I saw before (A*F). The label shown on the box is A*E. After comparing side by side, it appears that one is trying to imitate the other. However, I bought it from one of the recommended shops here, so I don't want to conclude that they tried to cheat me.

Anyone has bought or is using A*E? May I know which is the real one? Or is A*F and A*E both reputable brands? Thanks

For an item like a blower, brands are inconsequential to me. As long as it works to serve its purpose well and isn't too expensive, it is a good blower.

seriously brand doesnt matter that much for blower, as long as it does its job of blowing off dust.

You joined just to complain about a blower :bsmilie:
You have learned a cheap lesson: Look and check carefully before you buy. If unsure, don't buy and confirm. For other people the same lesson was much more expensive.
Welcome to CS, do read before you post your questions. Don't complain about purchases that are already made.

A*F ..

You have learned a cheap lesson: Look and check carefully before you buy. If unsure, don't buy and confirm. For other people the same lesson was much more expensive.
Welcome to CS, do read before you post your questions. Don't complain about purchases that are already made.

No lah :embrass:
Though that was my first post, I joined a few weeks back to read up on cameras cos I got my 500D today

AF or AE both also not from "famous", "well-known" or "reputable" what.

Agree on this
Even me sometimes almost too fast want to purchase, not carefully check.

AE AF? Never heard of this brand.... but again, as long as it can blow away dust, it is good.

If you want a good blow job, go for the Rocket Blower.

Get Rocket Blower at CathayPhoto
$12 (Biggest size)
Strong and power and very worth the $12.
:D

TS,

AF would be the Swiss AF blower. Its blue in colour.

Shld be ard $12-$15. If I'm not wrong, John 3:16 sells the Swiss AF blower.

:D

i won't pay $18 for a blower...

got picture? A*F is a brand of blowers.. not too sure abougt A*E, search on web turns up AE rubber, not sure what that is

Who say AF is not well-known or famous?:think:

It's widely used in the watchmaking industry and I use it for my watch repairs as well as for my dslr.:thumbsup:

I have a question and you may laugh at me. Do we put blower in the dry cabinet to prevent fungus growing inside the blower as the last thing we want is to blow fungus onto our camera. :embrass:

I have a question and you may laugh at me. Do we put blower in the dry cabinet to prevent fungus growing inside the blower as the last thing we want is to blow fungus onto our camera. :embrass:

lol, no need la..

You don't blow fungus, you blow the fungus spores. But spores are already there at your cam and will always be there. So no point at all. You can prevent the growth of fungus but not the presence of spores.

Perhaps A*E is a new type? I got my A*F swiss blower last time for $16 at MS.

Yah... I saw thw A*E last time.... But I went on to buy the Giotto Rocket blower (biggest size) and Cathay.... Haha! Not A*F but A*E.... =S

LOL moral of the story: do not make assumtions :bsmilie:
New member status means just join to complain? lmao :rolleyes:

No lah :embrass:
Though that was my first post, I joined a few weeks back to read up on cameras cos I got my 500D today

Status
Not open for further replies.