newbie question for FZ20 filter size 58mm..ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve75

Nov 9, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all,
I'm newbie here with FZ20, saying hello to all the senior...
I'm very please with the camera so far:thumbsup: , Having the Phayee adapter and thinking of getting the 62mm filters (UV and IR.....etc) however, the more cost effective one will be 58mm or 55mm...72mm are just too costly.
have read thru the FAQ and other post by the seniors...now I have one question to ask for advice.... will 55mm or 58mm filters/teleconvertor affect the photo taken? or any ill effect?

if not, intends to get the 62mm to 58mm step down ring to start getting the 58mm filters as I have some 58mm from the my old film camera----would like to stick to one size so that not so confusing...

if not, any idea how much a 62mm Hoya R72 IR filter cost? please advice..may just stick to this size if not too expensive.

Many thanks in advance:)

Steve

steve75 said:
Hi all,
I'm very please with the camera so far:thumbsup: , Having the Phayee adapter and thinking of getting the 62mm filters (UV and IR.....etc) however, the more cost effective one will be 58mm or 55mm...72mm are just too costly.
have read thru the FAQ and other post by the seniors...now I have one question to ask for advice.... will 55mm or 58mm filters/teleconvertor affect the photo taken? or any ill effect?

if not, intends to get the 62mm to 58mm step down ring to start getting the 58mm filters as I have some 58mm from the my old film camera----would like to stick to one size so that not so confusing...

if not, any idea how much a 62mm Hoya R72 IR filter cost? please advice..may just stick to this size if not too expensive.

Steve

You might like to buy or borrow the 62mm to 58mm step down ring to test out first (quite cheap right ?) and check if there are any vignetting from the widest focal length of your camera.

Although i have a 62-58 step down ring to sell...

I would recommend u to get 62mm filters... less tedious to change... cos the ring would get stuck with the filters... for most of the rings...

steve75 said:
Hi all,

Steve

bought my 62mm R72 filter @ CP for $60 :)

eh.... I used 62-55 stepdown on my FZ20 and seems there is not problem. I also used a 55mm IR filter which cost me only $40..... and if you thought of getting the Tcon 17. 55mm would be seems just nice for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.