Newbie pic.any comment and critics appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinwijaya

Jul 13, 2004
Hi,I'm new to this forum.I'm FZ10 user for about half a year.Here are some night shot pictures.Please comment or criticize.thanks a lot.

P1040466_small.jpg

P1040489_small.jpg

P1040533_small.jpg

P1040541_42small.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

wah how u make those like shadwy type???

1st and 3rd nice !!

Wooow...!!!! Nice nice...!! Did you use tripod in taking these photos?

Not bad. But is ur exposure alittle too long? Maybe u can play around for 4 second? IMHO. I felt that too much light are in. Did u change other WB as well?

The 3rd u used Cloud as White Balance?

Nice nice.. not bad :)

i like the first one...you played around wif the contrast levels yea?

Yoz, cool.
pic #1, you might want to just remove the 2 bluish grey buildings to the left. they are like eye sore.. hahahaha..

Nice. Post more!

Hi everybody,thanks for all the comment.I really appreciate it.
Yes Reno,I'm using Tripod coz my hand not steady enough to hold for a few seconds
Genocide, I don't quite understand what you mean by "like shadwy type".he..he..sorry my vocab not good enough.
Thanks Josho for the suggestion.I'll try to reduce the exposure time next time.For all the pictures here,I use auto white balance.For the 3rd one,I use the warm filter from the camera.
Hi Snapman,I did postprocess all the pictures with Photoshop.What I did mainly just duplicate 2 layers.Then the top one I use screen (make it brighter),and the second one I use multiply(to show more contrast).Then I play with the opacity of the 2 layers.After that I also play with the level to ensure the dark look dark enough.
Thanks rhair78 for pointing out the eye sore buildings.ha..ha..ha.. I didn't realize that the singtel building is such an eye sore.ha..ha..I'll remove them later with clone tool
Thanks a lot everybody.
Oh ya I forget to post another pic.Can you please comment on this

AroundSuntec1_29_editsmall.JPG

Thanks once again everybody

can tell me the setting u use on ur photo? maybe i can learn a trick or two.

nice! I like the orangee backing!

Hi Sunkist,All the photos I took is using iso 50.
For the first photo:Shutter priority,8sec,F/7.2
For the second photo:shutter priority,4sec,F/4.6
For the third photo:shutter priority,2.5sec,F/3.7
For the fourth photo:shutter priority,1/3sec,F/2.8
For the last photo:Aperture Priority,1/320,F/8
I hope these help Sunkist.I'm still pretty newbie.So, the setting may be not good.Good nite

Hi drumma, I didn't use any filter (hardware),but I use the warm filter inside the FZ10 menu.I didn't use for all the photos.I think only the first and third photos only.I hope it helps.Thanks for the comment

Thanks snapman.Hmm I think the orange thing is too much post processing :embrass:

Try to take again around 7pm -7.30pm, you will get photos with richer colors.

Also, you may want to check your white balance setting, a little too orange for most of the night shots that you had taken.

Photo taken around 7pm - 7.30pm:

MelakaNightScene02.jpg

These pic are really taken with FZ10? I aint pro, but think they are really nice. Initially thought of getting a FZ10 then later decided to check out C5060, now have to think again, dont know FZ10 can takes such nice pic. :p

plumboy21 said:
These pic are really taken with FZ10? I aint pro, but think they are really nice. Initially thought of getting a FZ10 then later decided to check out C5060, now have to think again, dont know FZ10 can takes such nice pic. :p

Now the only thing you need to think is either Black or Silver...
FZ rules the prosumer categories... One of the Top 12 digicam listed in Jan05 Asian Photography... (Info via MSN from Incastasman)

Join the Lumix family....

But the FX7 (and my FX2) is Number 10 on Japan's most happening news in photography 2004, with others being anything but compact cameras :D

Anyway, back to topic here, I am unable to identify colour correctly, what is the colour of the main building in the first picture? I hate to say this but I have a colour deficiency arrghhhh........

martinwijaya your sun picture very nice. like the framing of the sun wiht the blocks and the branches

plumboy21 said:

Of course! All my photos in my Digital web page are taken with FZ10. :)

Initially when I got my FZ10, due to the fact that I was not familiar with the features and functionalities, as well as new to the digital world, at one moment I thought I had chosen the wrong camera.

Till later when I explore further, I started to realize its potential, and now just can't resist using the long one anymore.

For the first photo:Shutter priority,8sec,F/7.2
For the second photo:shutter priority,4sec,F/4.6
For the third photo:shutter priority,2.5sec,F/3.7
For the fourth photo:shutter priority,1/3sec,F/2.8
For the last photo:Aperture Priority,1/320,F/8

Try use Manual mode rather than using shutter priority to let it determine the aperture. you have more control this way ....

Pix
1) The trailing light is kinda bright. try 4-5 seconds exposure and wait for the vehicle to pick up their speed before you depress the shutter

2) Improve your vantage point by moving alot more to left side..near sheares bridge to capture the whole CBD.

3) Your DOF not enuff and shooting at the timing, the Swissotel "disappear" due to insufficient exposure but might risk overexposing the foregrd.

4) The merlion exposure almost there *abit of lost detail near the bottom scales* but you can improve it by shooting 2-frames. Exposing the backgrd and the merlion, then merge together and mask it off in photoshop. Again, try various spot for better composition....

5) Kinda clutterd. Increase your shutter speed to prevent overblown sun. The attenna is a interesting subject...maybe you could frame the attenna itself rather than everything but this required you to shift your shooting pt.

Shoot around twilight time to get the usual "blue"/dramatic background..

Just my tots :angel:

Hope it helps...

Keep shooting!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.