Newbie Photograhing outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsim

Feb 18, 2009
Lion City
I have posted the first thread at the wrong forum so "kena" closed by the moderator.. ;p

Anyway, so far i have quite a few responses. The namelist is as follows:
1.kelvint81
2.mi4nyang
3.Galdor

I would like to propose if we could have our first outing on the coming Saturday 28 February 8.30 morning.

As the response is overwhelming, we have STOPPED taking in more ppl otherwise it will be very difficult to manage.

Venue: Southern ridges area

Meet @ Harbourfront mrt station at 8.30am.

Please be there at 8.30am sharp or early.
Otherwise, please proceed on your own itenrary.

Please response by Wednesday if you are going and PM your contact.

Last edited:
argh..Sunday i can't liao..got Church...
if happen to be on Sat..do let me know ya...
cheers!

I want to join.
A totally newbie and noob here.
Please add me in.

Sungei Buloh i went already so i vote for Henderson wave.
;)

i'm ok wif anywhere..but only avaialble on sat..hai..
perhaps shd get close up filter...been aiming to buy 1...but not sure market price leh..scare kanna chop..

call a few more shops then you will know the average market price.. so u wont be chopped too seriously ;)

also, stick to one shop once you are comfortable with them then you can get better price from them in future.

for my case, i normally buy at MS colour since it is not in the city. they are more willing to give me slightly more discount nowadays...

TS maybe want to set a limit of ppl going?
if not too many ppl.
will be messy

yo TS..so..any idea how much does MS sells for HOYA +4 close up filter for 58mm diameter?..
wanna get for my 55-250mm IS lens...hopefully suit well..
also...any senior can join along to guide?...then can teach/share stuffs like...WB, intro knowledge regardin filter...post process n etc..
cheers

Can I join you all too? Actually what do you all have in mind to shoot? If you all are thinking of shooting Macro, SBG would be a better place, alternatively Hort Park would be good too. For macros, early morning would be better. I find that there's nothing much at Henderson Wave to shoot actually.

Hi Galdor,

As we are all new and still don't know each other yet, perhaps we should just start the first outing without too much specific target.

We could discuss more when we meet.

I've never expected the response to be so overwhelming. :cool:

Yes. I agree that we should keep the group small.
So far I have 4~5 ppl confirmed.
1.FireZ
2.kelvint81
3.Fullspectrum
4.astro833
5. Galdor

And, we have 2 places to go after the initial voting,
1. Botanica Garden
2. Hort Park

I will still keep more to come in as I anticipate some of us will drop out last minute.
I will close the thread by tomorrow or later tuesday.

If you know any senior who is willing to join will be most welcome. If not, we could join other outings announce in this forum in the later stage

Last edited:
:thumbsup:keep it going , plan ahead on what u going to shoot so that the guys know what lens to being along , also if walking bring more water . keep yourself light of so many outing i still prefer the last kampong ( which is going to tear down soon )

Last edited:
Thx for reminding. I am still living in February.. hahahaha

Thx for reminding. I am still living in February.. hahahaha

Coming Sat should be 28 Feb. Tdy is Sun 22 Feb... :)

So if you are saying 7 March or 8 March then it would be following Sat or Sun. :bsmilie:

To be very frank, Botanic Gardens and Hort Park will mainly be for Macro Shoots. This is especially so for Hort Park where the main things you can take would be flowers, dragonflies and butterflies.

Last edited:
I have posted the first thread at the wrong forum so "kena" closed by the moderator.. ;p

Anyway, so far i have quite a few responses. The namelist is as follows:
1.FireZ
2.kelvint81
3.Fullspectrum
4.astro833
5. Galdor

I would like to propose if we could have our first outing on the coming Saturday 7 March or Sunday 8 March morning.

And, we have 2 places to go after the initial voting,
1. Botanica Garden
2. Hort Park

Please give your better suggestions!!

We shall made a decision by this Wednesday.

i have read yr post on 'looking for Photographing buddies' which was closed by the moderators.
i thn search for yr other posts and found one here!
sure looks fun to join as everyone are new with each other. not only can go shoot
but meet new ppl.
6th march im werking and 7th march not yet confirm. helping my frn to shhot some event.
i wud like to join as well if there is still room for me.
do pm and update me.. i will sure update u.
cheers!

Hi Galdor,

As we are all new and still don't know each other yet, perhaps we should just start the first outing without too much specific target.

We could discuss more when we meet.

Sure, no problem. Looking forward to this outing. :)

Hi everyone,
sorry for my mistake for the date. it should be 28 Feb or 1 march.
i was busy with 2 things at the same time so made some errors!! ;p

Hi everyone,
sorry for my mistake for the date. it should be 28 Feb or 1 march.
i was busy with 2 things at the same time so made some errors!! ;p

kk.. 28th march im free. hope can join u?
so how to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.