Newbie photo.. feedback pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoDaddy

Jun 18, 2007
Singapore
816020545_bf250867a2.jpg

Hi new to photography.. so I tot post here better. :embrass:

I was tyring to capture my baby's tiny hand holding my finger, hopefully to show the bond we have. :)

I like some feedback, especially the following:

Composition
Lighting
Focus
Any tips on how this photo can be better taken.

Thx plentiful in advance. ;)

composition is good, same for the lightning.
but seems out of focus.

composition is good, same for the lightning.
but seems out of focus.

Thanks bro!

I'm not sure if its a good idea, but I was using shallow DOF (f1.8) to highlight his hand only. :)

The compostition and the idea is good~ Lighting wise, seems a bit too bright for my eyes. This is subjective i guess. As for the focus, i personally feel maybe using a smaller aperture will be better. Cos the idea is to bring out the bond between father and child right? The focusing on the father's hand is important then~ Just my 2 cents~ :)

816020545_bf250867a2.jpg

I was tyring to capture my baby's tiny hand holding my finger, hopefully to show the bond we have. :)

Composition
Lighting
Focus

very nice foto...the idea is there...but if u where to shoot high key it will b nicer...n the hand is abit soft due to the shallow dof...abit sharpening will b better...

mind if i play ard wif the photo n post here?

i think it is great as it is - softness and high key entirely effective! wont nitpick, if at all.

if this is a newbie shot, then u go very very far. :)

816020545_bf250867a2.jpg

Composition
Lighting
Focus

composition...its best taken the moment just before the hands grab yours...

overall...i would prefer the dad hand in the holding position...

Thx everyone..

dreamerz: sorri for my noobess.. wats 'high key'? :embrass:

espion: thx for the encouragement.. I think i got lucky with this one.. :D

westwest2: I'll try that.. but it think it going to be challenging.. ;p

I do like it.

Maybe a little nitpick, but perhaps a cleaner background?

The compostition and the idea is good~ Lighting wise, seems a bit too bright for my eyes. This is subjective i guess. As for the focus, i personally feel maybe using a smaller aperture will be better. Cos the idea is to bring out the bond between father and child right? The focusing on the father's hand is important then~ Just my 2 cents~ :)

Hey.. thx for your comments! :D

Thx dreamerz

I think its good idea to lighten up dad's hands and clean up the background. :)

I wonder if a soft focus will provide a more dreamy effect here? The way that only the baby's hand is in focus looks kinda weird. IMO.

Is pretty good, if you think you're a newbie then you have a good eye and good previsualisation, nitpicking: wish there was slightly more DOF, but that's not really that important, a shallow DOF can work here as well. Just personal preference.

Thx guys for your opinion, tips and encouragement! Looking forward to snap more fotos, learn and even meeting you guys. :D

Seen some of your online albums.. really stunning.. real pros indeed! :thumbsup:

hi...i'm also newbie to photography..i feel the photo u taken is really great..Hope to learn from u guys here..=)

Status
Not open for further replies.