Newbie outing: NDP Preview 26/07/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh_drew

Aug 5, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

Starting this thread for newbies who want to shoot fireworks but are not free on National Day itself.

Date: 26/07/2003 Saturday
Time: 6.30pm meet @ Lavendar MRT station control
Venue: Kallang River Park (opposite Tanjong Rhu condos)

basically, do come if you have never taken photos of fireworks before and want to join in the fun. For those who do not know how to get to Kallang River Park, let's meet at Lavendar MRT station at 6.30pm. We'll take a 15-minute walk to the park to set up the stuff.

Things to bring:
Camera + film
Tripod
cable release
yourself!

Here's roughly where I hope to shoot from:

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8...x=234&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=359

...where the star is.

for those who have not tried shooting with slides, this is a good time to try ;)

Please PM with your nick if you want to meet at Lavendar MRT. Hope to see some folks there!

regards
Andrew

Okie I'll try to make it.... But then hor.... Where can I park my bike huh?

Andrew, you have any Provia 100 to sell me first?

:D

friend, if you want, i have one to spare you 1st
Originally posted by Kira
Okie I'll try to make it.... But then hor.... Where can I park my bike huh?

Andrew, you have any Provia 100 to sell me first?

Originally posted by meng
friend, if you want, i have one to spare you 1st

Can.... I see how first.... Will sms you if I can make it... Cos I'll be at west coast shooting Jack Russels with my gf and my little Jack.... Don't know if I can make it in time or not....

hehe, no prob...if not, you just join us there at 7+pm there lor :)
Originally posted by Kira
Can.... I see how first.... Will sms you if I can make it... Cos I'll be at west coast shooting Jack Russels with my gf and my little Jack.... Don't know if I can make it in time or not....

Let's hope it doesn't rain. I've got a few rolls of Provia to spare but strongly suggest Velvia or Kodak Elitechome EC. Very saturated.

Originally posted by kh_drew
Let's hope it doesn't rain. I've got a few rolls of Provia to spare but strongly suggest Velvia or Kodak Elitechome EC. Very saturated.

But does velvia discolour if exposed for a very long time?

i will be coming..
me newbie also..
want to try shoot fireworks..
:)

It is quite a good location for because we won't have to contend with the traffic jams that builds up at Tanjong Rhu. It is also good more accessible by public transport. Although there's a bus that goes into Tanjong Rhu, that tends to get caught in the jam along with the rest of the cars. From Lavendar MRT station, Kallang River park (or more correctly, Marina Prominade is the actual name but none of my friends seem to know where it is when I use the name :dunno: ) is about 10 to 15 minutes walk along the river. If we cut across the roads and Beach Road area, it's even shorter.

As for Velvia discolouring under long exposure, so far I've not had that experience when shooting night scenes. I think discoloration occurs when the film is overexposed under daylight conditions. Night scenes with fireworks should be ok. For those of us who can't afford Velvia ($9+ per roll ;p), we can try Kodak Elite Chrome EC 100 ($7 at Ruby) which gives very saturated colours too. Whatever it is, just have fun :D

can i join in too?? Me a newbie also!
And is there anyone here wanna go to both this shoot and the Pet Photographer one in West Coast???

me a super newbie.. i like to join.. and also if anyone could teach me more on my setting of my camera lor... dont really know how to use it yet...

also i have the tripod.. but wat is a cable release??? must i really need 1 to take fireworks??? and also the other things that need to be broght along???

Sorry to ask all this.. super new to taking photos.. :embrass:
ya me using a 717..

Originally posted by landslot
me a super newbie.. i like to join.. and also if anyone could teach me more on my setting of my camera lor... dont really know how to use it yet...

also i have the tripod.. but wat is a cable release??? must i really need 1 to take fireworks??? and also the other things that need to be broght along???

ya me using a 717..

Can I join you guys for shooting tomorrow?

Joe

ok, please PM your names to me so that I can collate a list and look out for all of you at Lavendar around 6.30pm. Otherwise it's going to be quite a mess...:confused:

dun worry about what kind of camera you have. most importantly, bring a tripod and (if possible, a cable release).

by the way, the shoot is on 26/7/2003

regards

Originally posted by landslot

ya me using a 717..

Hi,
You can refer to http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?file=articles/fireworks/fireworks.htm for some tips on how to take fireworks shots, me also quite blur as to some of the facts.

And the shoot is on the 26th, Saturday leh Joe!! Dun wait for us at Lavender tml evening!!
:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.