Newbie on Lomo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerine

Oct 16, 2008
Hi all..

i'm very interested in photography..
and recently i decided to buy a vivitar ultra wide camera..

but i'm unsure what kind of flim to be loaded..
i did some research and read it somewhere that kodak elite chome100 is a
very good choice..dont know if it's true..

is there any other better choices?

what's the difference between slide flims and normal negative flims?

and is cross processing needed to get rich colors?
or normal processing will do the trick?

sorry if my questions is too noob..lol..

thankz for taking time to reply =)

I'm not an expert and most importantly no experience with Lomo. BTW, why Lomo? Interesting choice for beginner. Last time I shot film was many years ago.

I feel you're approaching this new hobby too apprehensively. You've obviously read up and did your research. Some of your questions are quite tough.

If you wish to see the results of your shots without much hassle i.e. view prints, start with negative. With Slide film, you may need to borrow a slide projector or a light box. I would say try both. Slide would produce results more accurately and requires accurate exposure whereas negative is more tolerant of exposure mistakes. That's the fun part of film. You'll learn things about photography that digital photographers don't get to learn or experence.

The problem with film is the hassle of sharing your work with online photograpic communities such as clubsnap or http://www.naturepixels.org/phpBB3/portal.php or http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?conf=DCConfID1
If you wish to share, you've to convert analogue to digital which can be accomplished with a film scanner. After exploring film or LOMO, you may wish to embrace digital

Th important thing is have fun. Join a outing or two to learn and share with like-minded individuals. Very soon you may decide to focus on a particular genre, i.e. macro or bird or landscape, etc etc. Have fun!

Cheers,
Roy

Hi,

u may want to go here for more info

http://lomotion.20.forumer.com/index.php?sid=60ba729b6223c0b725bb3e39c682d9f8

SG site for Lomo lovers.

You can also look for KHLOEE mass sale in there.

I also love lomo. But to tell ya the truth, I never tried films before. What I do is did some lomo process in Photoshop.

I give ya the example

P1060250-lomo.jpg

Hi all..

i'm very interested in photography..
and recently i decided to buy a vivitar ultra wide camera..

but i'm unsure what kind of flim to be loaded..
i did some research and read it somewhere that kodak elite chome100 is a
very good choice..dont know if it's true..

is there any other better choices?

what's the difference between slide flims and normal negative flims?

and is cross processing needed to get rich colors?
or normal processing will do the trick?

sorry if my questions is too noob..lol..

thankz for taking time to reply =)

I guess that a Vivitar UWS is a cheap and good alternative for someone new to lomography. Basically, this camera can be loaded with any 35mm film, inclusive of slides and negatives. If you feel you are suited to lomography, then maybe you can get a Holga or even a Diana.

Elite Chome is a popular choice for lomographers as it gives highly saturated colurs after cross-processing. Do a search for other slide films. There are quite a number of them on the market (eg Fujifilm Vevia).

Visit the forum in Alternative Photography on CS to learn more about it. I believe that your queries on films and cross-processing will be answered there. Do visit the lomotion forum too. It is a forum dedicated to lomography.

Hope that I have answered some of your questions.

hey,

I am no user of Lomo but have been recently reading up on them.
Reviews from them are not too bad. I guess it more funz and interesting way of taking pictures =)

They are pretty kool and have some kool vintage stuff.
The most recent product from them is the Lubitel Universal 166+
Uses both flexible 120mm and 35mm format. Pretty amazing and price at 350USD

Check it out here!

http://www.lomography.com/lubitel166+/

I have personally used several different kinds of Fuji slide Film for shoot outs and printed them. Well all of their colour saturation are really outstanding without any further retouch. I have got some photos of orchids printed on canvas too.

I have personally used several different kinds of Fuji slide Film for shoot outs and printed them. Well all of their colour saturation are really outstanding without any further retouch. I have got some photos of orchids printed on canvas too.

As for slide you can just view it right after development.

Status
Not open for further replies.