Newbie on lens issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
Hi guys,

Have done abit of research in Clubsnap however I am still very blur with regards to lens.

Why is some lens with f1.4 - etc.. i knwo its for aperture
while i see some is USM , and some 18- 55 IS .. no F?

I am int to get a new set of camera taking bokeh shot of humans, can you all recommend me what i need?

USM - Ultra Sonic Motor (In built motor term known for Canon lenses)
18-55 - Usually its the kit lens with variable aperture from 3.5-5.6

Read up on DPreview ;)

thanks!!!!

Some people just label the 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS as 18-55 IS since most people on CS understand what is meant by the 18-55 IS which is the standard kit lens for most cameras.

I am int to get a new set of camera taking bokeh shot of humans, can you all recommend me what i need?

Please remember, taking shots where the background is out-of-focus IS NOT BOKEH.

Bokeh is the *quality* of that out of focus area.

Hi guys,

If budget limit, get 500D + 50 f1.8, can get portrait with background blur, though the bokeh not the top class, but it is acceptable. 50 f1.8 is a very cheap, but IQ acceptable lens

sorry very noob qns here. 50 means... its a standard lens.. no zoom everything?

sometimes when we type here, we leave out the f number because there are no other lens with that zoom range. Like 18-55 IS, the other one is 18-55 no IS. So we only say 18-55 IS, to differenctiate. But for the 50mm there are 3 different ones (canon). So we say 1.2, 1.4 or 1.8 to differentiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.