Newbie on FILTERS!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danswordsman

May 1, 2008
sg
Hi, theres alot of talk abt NC/ND/UV filters and many many others...

I just started out my DSLR journey and know NOTHING of how those filters help/affect ur pics...I just know they leave some filters on for lens protection...may I kindly ask u guys for ur advice on each specific filter's name and its uses??

...Thank you so much in advance ppl!:D:thumbsup:

I just started out my DSLR journey and know NOTHING of how those filters help/affect ur pics...I just know they leave some filters on for lens protection...may I kindly ask u guys for ur advice on each specific filter's name and its uses??

Have you tried google? Just search for "photographic filters"

mostly commonly used filters will be UV (the most basic one used for lens protection, UV stands for Ultraviolet btw) and CPL (if you want to achieve bluey skies, avoid reflections in water etc, CPL stands for Circular Polarising) :)

wow thanks guys for ur replies and links...thanks alot learned a great deal from ya..

Status
Not open for further replies.