Newbie on board

Tigerbear

Jan 22, 2011
Hi.. Going to get my Canon 550d soon...

I will have to wait till next weekend. I want to get the 17-40mm f/4L and the 50mm F/1.8

Welcome:)

Thank you.. Hope to learn some tips from you guys here. I m a Newbie in photography ;)

Welcome to cs :)
Just wondering, but why the 17-40L and not the 17-55 2.8 on the 550D??

Welcome. Remember to do your homework prior to buying. :) don't over pay for accessories push to you by sales person.

Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Diluted said:
Welcome to cs :)
Just wondering, but why the 17-40L and not the 17-55 2.8 on the 550D??

Because I find 17-55 2.8 quite heavy for general purpose daily use. I also find the color and contrast in 17-40 better and it's a L lens so...
Actually I struggled a little between 550d and 60d but I think I would rather spend tht extra money on quality lenses. As a beginner I don't think i could really benefit from the Extra features of 60d.. Hope I have made a good choice. I m going to buy the body and the two lenses next weekend :D

skylover said:

Thanks so much , will read them all... You guys are so helpful... So warm :D

chiangkxv said:
Welcome. Remember to do your homework prior to buying. :) don't over pay for accessories push to you by sales person.

Yeah I tried the 550D with a few lenses and now decided to get the 17-40 f4L and 50 f/1.8. Going to get them next week when I get some discount ... :D

Hollander said:
Hi welcome to CS!!
Shoot more, Post more, Ask more and you will Learn more!!:thumbsup:
Happy shooting!!;)

Yeah !!!

Because I find 17-55 2.8 quite heavy for general purpose daily use. I also find the color and contrast in 17-40 better and it's a L lens so...
The effects of a lens on colour and contrast are overrated. A few steps on post-processing have much more impact on the result. There are numerous reviews on the next with images, you can see whether you can spot the difference. Be careful to compare images with minimal post-processing.

Octarine said:
The effects of a lens on colour and contrast are overrated. A few steps on post-processing have much more impact on the result. There are numerous reviews on the next with images, you can see whether you can spot the difference. Be careful to compare images with minimal post-processing.

Thanks for the advices. What would be your recommendation on the lens for 550d?