newbie newbie !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

britez

Nov 7, 2009
hi hi peeps... came arcoss this forum by chance....

love taking photos.... but do not have any equipment... except my handphone camera...

looking forward to getting a 2nd hand rangefinder... still love the idea of using film....

i've poked ard.... this is a very informative forum!!!!! =)

Hi, britez. A very warm welcome to you.
Please continue to poke around here.
Really loads of information to be discovered.

thank you thank you... i am really over whelmed by the amount of information!!!! any recommendations for a 2nd hand RF abt SGD$150??? want something with some manual functions so i can explore ard the effects.......
there's so many choices in the forum...

U can try searching the Personal Classifieds or put a WTB post but I doubt u can get one at such a low price

u probably will have better luck looking for some good old manual film SLR cameras ard that price.

ryan

if u wan film SLRs, i saw a couple of minolta SLRs for sale in the Sony/Minolta sales forum here. Price is like $40 only.

Hi britez,

Welcome to CS :)

thanks for the warm welcome!!!!! 2nd day of trying to cram and digest all the info..... actually..... i dunno wats the difference between the diff kind of cameras.....
i like the look of the RF... the vintage kind of thing.... but it seems like its really difficult to hand....

should i start with a SLR instead??????

get a dslr! its good to start at an slr too, but you cant see the photos instantly!

Welcome.

Great to see newbie that is into film! :thumbsup:

Share with us some photos youve taken!

thanks to all the helpful peeps here... i've got my hands on a very new looking 2nd hand minolta dyna 505si!!!!!

*DSLR is a little over my budget now.... so... next time!!!!!

will have to grab some film before starting out this weekend.... meanwhile... here are some photos i've taken..... using my trusty handphone camera.... wahahaha... a mix of my old N95 and my current Samsung Jet... i've never had an actually camera b4... and definitely have no idea wat the 1/3 rule of composition is... LOL.... but have fun viewing!!!!!!

Photo0041.jpg

DSC03936.jpg

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

CIMG1463.jpg

Welcome... you can get a good budget DSLR if you care to look around... WTS.. section. Many of them cost less than your N95!

Do note that the startup cost of film camera system compared to digital usually is lower nowadays.. however, the cost of print in the long run will show up, especially u r still in the learning stage.. juz my 2cents

Do note that the startup cost of film camera system compared to digital usually is lower nowadays.. however, the cost of print in the long run will show up, especially u r still in the learning stage.. juz my 2cents

thanks for the advice....... i've been told a million times... but i still like film.... wahahahhaha...

maybe i'll upgrade again later..... when i start finding difficulty in buying films... =)

haha i don think they will stop film production so soon.. :bsmilie: but get a DSLR with film RF combi is better.. bring both along for shoot.. ;p

yeah... i thot of that too... but the SLR was too good an offer... will add a RF to my collection soon... just waiting for it to pop out frm shuttergal's side...

maybe next year i'll up to a DSLR!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.